The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Looking forward to the Fedor/arlovski fight on the 24th.

some big works coming out of freddie roach, arlovski's boxing trainer and someone regarded as one of the best boxing trainers in the world as he just coaches manny pacquia (sp?) and oscar de la hoya.

He said Fedor has weak technique and that if it stays standing Arlovski will kill him. I was like :o

some big works coming out of freddie roach, arlovski's boxing trainer and someone regarded as one of the best boxing trainers in the world as he just coaches manny pacquia (sp?) and oscar de la hoya.

He said Fedor has weak technique and that if it stays standing Arlovski will kill him. I was like :o

In all the years I have watched Fedor fight. I don't think I have ever seen him miss a punch. The second time he fought Coleman ( Coleman was over the hill) But it looked like he was just tapping him. At the end of the fight when you saw Colemans face it looked like hamburger.

In all the years I have watched Fedor fight. I don't think I have ever seen him miss a punch. The second time he fought Coleman ( Coleman was over the hill) But it looked like he was just tapping him. At the end of the fight when you saw Colemans face it looked like hamburger.

and Coleman had the brilliant idea of bringing his little daughters to the match...

2zhm5ic.jpg

Although i would say Fedor's punching is accurate and powerful he throws them oddly and leaves himself open just like Wanderlei. He throws these looping punches and if someone jabbed him there or let one go like Rampage did against Wanderlei it could hurt him.. and dare i say.. *gasp* knock him out..

and Coleman had the brilliant idea of bringing his little daughters to the match...

2zhm5ic.jpg

Although i would say Fedor's punching is accurate and powerful he throws them oddly and leaves himself open just like Wanderlei. He throws these looping punches and if someone jabbed him there or let one go like Rampage did against Wanderlei it could hurt him.. and dare i say.. *gasp* knock him out..

The only time I ever saw him rocked was when he was fighting Fujita. And then there was the time I thought he was rocked while fighting Randleman but it turned out that dropping him on his head was actually the way you get him to take notice and beat you up.

I think those are the only 2 times he has been hit.

But randleman is not a good MMA guy. He only works on his wrestling everything else is whatever. He got footlocked by Shogun quite easily. I think he got rocked by rampage as well.

Fujita is a speciman. They say this skull is thick.. like scientifically they said his skull is super thick and they had trouble doing tests.

That would have been funny to be the doctor that day.

Fujita: So what do the tests say doc? Hows my brain do i have a concussion?

Doctor: Im not sure, we were unable to locate your brain.

I think those are the only 2 times he has been hit.

But randleman is not a good MMA guy. He only works on his wrestling everything else is whatever. He got footlocked by Shogun quite easily. I think he got rocked by rampage as well.

Fujita is a speciman. They say this skull is thick.. like scientifically they said his skull is super thick and they had trouble doing tests.

That would have been funny to be the doctor that day.

Fujita: So what do the tests say doc? Hows my brain do i have a concussion?

Doctor: Im not sure, we were unable to locate your brain.

Fedor was Originally Cast as Jack Bauer in 24. The producers had to Cast another actor due to Fedor killing every terrorist and saving the day in 12 minutes and 37 seconds.

Man, this thread is really starting to make me depressed. The more I read this and then watch Pride Highlights the more I get sad about what MMA is now. Pride was superior in every way. Fighters. Rules. Ring. Refs. Events. I just have one thing to say. Dana White and NSAC rules for MMA have ruined everything that is fighting. I don't blame the fighters. They don't have a choice really where to fight anymore.

really? I love them both.

But the UFC octagon is far superior than the Pride Ring. I hate afflicition for doing it too. Too often you see guys fall through the ropes or that annoying restarting pride had. I love UFC for keeping the action going. If they hit the fence they keep going. No one falls out or gets cornered.

Weight classes are better too because they dont harm the competitor in the long run. After that kick by cro cop Wanderlei was never the same. He keeps getting knocked out now. And i think the soccer kicks are too dangerous too. You could sersiously hurt a guy's head like that. Like if the head is stationary and someone like cro cops lets it fly.

on another note I think ufc elbows should be left out. Because it causes too much blood and it stops the fight even though the guy is still ready to fight. You get these deep cuts.

But Pride production values were sooo much better than UFC. UFC has no opening. Its just crappy metal music and then a guy walks out of his locker room. When you saw a pride opening it felt like you were watching someone of epic proportions. When you see a pride opening and then a UFC, the UFC looks like some low budget start up business.

edit: I thought affliction would have a pride opening but they too are going for that stupid heavy metal approach. When are they going to get it through their heads that MMA viewers arent into heavy metal. They want ozzy ozbourne to perform and some other metal bands inbetween fights? err no.. and that crappy ring is being used again.

Edited by Pfizer

I am so sick and tired of that lame gladiator opening the UFC uses. The talking head with a black background is pretty played out too. At least fighters are allowed to use their own entrance music now though. Remember when every fighter came out to the UFC theme?

really? I love them both.

But the UFC octagon is far superior than the Pride Ring. I hate afflicition for doing it too. Too often you see guys fall through the ropes or that annoying restarting pride had. I love UFC for keeping the action going. If they hit the fence they keep going. No one falls out or gets cornered.

Weight classes are better too because they dont harm the competitor in the long run. After that kick by cro cop Wanderlei was never the same. He keeps getting knocked out now. And i think the soccer kicks are too dangerous too. You could sersiously hurt a guy's head like that. Like if the head is stationary and someone like cro cops lets it fly.

on another note I think ufc elbows should be left out. Because it causes too much blood and it stops the fight even though the guy is still ready to fight. You get these deep cuts.

But Pride production values were sooo much better than UFC. UFC has no opening. Its just crappy metal music and then a guy walks out of his locker room. When you saw a pride opening it felt like you were watching someone of epic proportions. When you see a pride opening and then a UFC, the UFC looks like some low budget start up business.

You mentioned pretty much everything I hate about UFC. Lay and pray. The ring made for much better tv viewing Kicks to the head stomps to the head knees to the head on the ground. There were weight classes. That was why Henderson silva and Emelianenko gomi could all be title holders. But if you wanted to fight out of your class you could do that too, just not for a belt. I prefer to see fights instead of rules or someone just pushing a guy into a fence. Pride was everything that the UFC isn't. It was exciting.

I am so sick and tired of that lame gladiator opening the UFC uses. The talking head with a black background is pretty played out too. At least fighters are allowed to use their own entrance music now though. Remember when every fighter came out to the UFC theme?

Best entrance in the UFC. Dana White was so pissed off.

Best entrance in the UFC. Dana White was so pissed off.

I don't see what would piss anyone off about that, it was a typical UFC entrance. Cro Cop rules when he comes out to Wild Boys by Duran Duran. Greatest entrance song ever.

You mentioned pretty much everything I hate about UFC. Lay and pray. The ring made for much better tv viewing Kicks to the head stomps to the head knees to the head on the ground. There were weight classes. That was why Henderson silva and Emelianenko gomi could all be title holders. But if you wanted to fight out of your class you could do that too, just not for a belt. I prefer to see fights instead of rules or someone just pushing a guy into a fence. Pride was everything that the UFC isn't. It was exciting.

The weight classes were there but the fighters were all over the place like Sakuraba, Minowa, Wanderlei, Ninja Rua. I like the ground war a lot something pride kind of lacked. UFC will let the guys up if it gets too boring. If you see the early prides like Mark Kerr it became too rediculous when his opponents got scared of him and would intentionally fall through the ropes so they could get back in and get position.

I liked the face to face stare downs in pride though. Those were intense.

But if you dont care for ground wars that much then you should watch K-1. Pure punching and kicking. More stand up action.

Same with affliction. Too many fights were ruins with the constant restarts because they were falling off the edge, and guys constantly falling out of the ring through the ropes.

That was seriously the coolest intro for a show EVER!! My god, if only the UFC could do something like that. Spend a little cash, ya know?

Agreed. That song was incredibly lame, and old galdiator guy is riduculous now. It's 2009, time for a change.