The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Wow! All this whining about how much snow and how cold it is over there in BC.... Christ, that’s like everyday Alberta weather. The only crappy part about Alberta, (other than having to listen about two hockey teams I don’t care about), every spring - fall everyone forgets how to drive in winter over here.

Yeah, but we're not used to this kind of weather.

I hate Richmond, noone can drive here

Really??? That's odd.....

WOw people from outside of BC who come here and tell us this weather is nothing are really starting to annoy me.

We never get this kind of weather. You do. There's a difference.

Not only that, but here in Vancouver we have these things called HILLS!! Think they have hills in the prairies???

PPPPPSSSHAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Really??? That's odd.....

Not only that, but here in Vancouver we have these things called HILLS!! Think they have hills in the prairies???

PPPPPSSSHAAAAAAAAAAAW!

They have hills too but not as steep as here in Metro Vancouver.

Yeah I can probably drive 100 km/h on snow & ice in Alberta.

:P

I hate Richmond, noone can drive here

Wow. Ackroyd Rd (where the Safe-On is located) is majorly backed up, as well as all of Cooney Rd all the way from Lansdowne Mall to Saba Rd. When i say backed up, I mean bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Well, maybe the 2 non-related traffic accidents had something to do with it too, but that's a different story :P

Wow, theyre calling for 20 + cm of snow in Metro Vancouver, and locally higher in some spots

The snowfall amount decreases once you head into the fraser valley, looks like us in Vancouver/suburban Vancouver are in for the brunt of it

November 2006 anyone??

Edited by Canucks_fo_life

Wow, theyre calling for 20 + cm of snow in Metro Vancouver, and locally higher in some spots

The snowfall amount decreases once you head into the fraser valley, looks like us in Vancouver/suburban Vancouver are in for the brunt of it

November 2006 anyone??

I remember taking my Llasa Apso out in the snow back in 1996, when we had over a meter of snow. (Llasa Apsos are small dogs.) He was about two years old at the time. We dropped him on the snow, and he just looked around curiously as he slowly sank into the snow. Then he ran like hell trying to get out, but because he was so tiny, it looked like the Roadrunner digging under the snow.

He's almost 15 now, so we're not going to take him out now... he's too old for this.

Edited by BuckyHermit