The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

^ nope it's already getting warmer outside.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat...tish%20Columbia

Snows gonna be over within the next few min....It's really warm off the coast and as soon as we get that southwesterly wind we should see temps shooting up to 6 or 7 degrees! The end is near folks!!! Unfortunately it will create huge slush puddles. Most of the drains near my townhouse are absolutely clogged with ice and snow....no shoveled sidewalks+clogged rains+heavy warm rain (tues-thurs)=possible urban flooding. :o Clear those god damn drains people.

See, a background in climatology becomes useful...

Did you know the weathernetwork 14 day forecasts relies mostly on the good ol farmers almanac? Law of averages, they just gather up precip and temp data from the past 42 years and and come up with the forecast for the 7 day period after the initial 7 days.

Edited by The Money Shot

Did you know the weathernetwork 14 day forecasts relies mostly on the good ol farmers almanac? Law of averages, they just gather up precip and temp data from the past 42 years and and come up with the forecast for the 7 day period after the initial 7 days.

It doesn't surprise me, I've been watching their 7 day forecasts a lot since it started snowing lately, and they're terrible.

But they did just change their overnight forecast for Surrey and now also for Burnaby.

^ nope it's already getting warmer outside.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat...tish%20Columbia

Snows gonna be over within the next few min....It's really warm off the coast and as soon as we get that southwesterly wind we should see temps shooting up to 6 or 7 degrees! The end is near folks!!! Unfortunately it will create huge slush puddles. Most of the drains near my townhouse are absolutely clogged with ice and snow....no shoveled sidewalks+clogged rains+heavy warm rain (tues-thurs)=possible urban flooding. :o Clear those god damn drains people.

See, a background in climatology becomes useful...

LIES! LIES!!!

It's still snowing in North Burnaby!

LOL, the SFU truck is really stuck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the truck is there to stop people from going into SFU as they're trying to plow the place. But I don't know if I'm right because the stuck car is trying to get into SFU. Also, I'm not 100% sure if to the right (cam-wise) is going into SFU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the truck is there to stop people from going into SFU as they're trying to plow the place. But I don't know if I'm right because the stuck car is trying to get into SFU. Also, I'm not 100% sure if to the right (cam-wise) is going into SFU.

Nope. SFU maintenance guy went inside the truck, and pressed on the gas. All it did was spin about 20 degrees before he gave up and exited the truck.