The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

As long as the snow keeps out of UBC, Richmond, and Vancouver west of Granville Street...

No way. I want a foot overnight. I will still get to work, but then I can say the drive was long tough and that is why I am late and not the real reason that I stayed in bed longer and played "trapped in a snowed in cabin" with the wife.

I'm still praying for a UBC closure....hoping that the roads into the campus will be a mess: buses can't get pass the hill on Alma and Dunbar. :D

Won't ever happen. UBC's policy is to never close. You are always expected to report...even though 8 out of 10 profs don't report for duty. Including the ones that live ON campus. But are they docked pay? NO!

EDIT: Here is the BoG policy: http://www.universitycounsel.ubc.ca/policies/policy68.pdf

Edited by old_time_hockey

Won't ever happen. UBC's policy is to never close. You are always expected to report...even though 8 out of 10 profs don't report for duty. Including the ones that live ON campus. But are they docked pay? NO!

EDIT: Here is the BoG policy: http://www.universitycounsel.ubc.ca/policies/policy68.pdf

UBC cares so much about their students.

UBC cares so much about their students.

And employees.

Don't let anyone tell you that UBC is a top 30 employer. It is a totally managment heavy institute that takes orders from an unelected body made up of special interest groups from developers to done nothing in their life rich people. And then that managment sits around and instead of thinking up ways to make the place better, dream up wild ways to just sh!t on the employees.

I'm still praying for a UBC closure....hoping that the roads into the campus will be a mess: buses can't get pass the hill on Alma and Dunbar. :D

LOL when has UBC ever been closed due to snow? It took a damn bomb threat for them to close their doors for like a day! But good luck :)

snow gives a major boost to the economy!

immediate stimulus

more salt and shovels sold

overtime for plow drivers

more work for autobody shops

more tires and chains sold

gasoline is burned when people are stuck

natural gas usage increased due to cold weather

more boots and coats sold

future stimulus

more people having babies in 9 months

immediate stimulus

future stimulus

Perhaps in the rest of Canada....we do none of that in Vancouver, the city shuts down when it snows. :lol:

The hill up 4th is pretty steep. Same as the road along Spanish banks and 10th ave. Buses have difficulty

Same goes with 10th Avenue near Alma, the big hill is always a challenge or impossible for both diesels/99 B-Line and trolleys to get up to.

Also same for the 25 and 33....the massive hills just east of Dunbar on King Edward and 16th.

immediate stimulus

future stimulus

No it doesn't. The amount of production lost from employees missing work due to snow > your list. Accidents hurt taxpayers (everyone), half the stuff on your list is not even directly related to a snowfall event, rather winter in general.

No it doesn't. The amount of production lost from employees missing work due to snow > your list. Accidents hurt taxpayers (everyone), half the stuff on your list is not even directly related to a snowfall event, rather winter in general.

and the 2009 nobel prize in economics goes to rafalski :rolleyes: