The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

If people in Vancouver would just make sure that they equip their cars properly, things would be better. I think that if you are in a collision and the police find that the tires on your car aren't suited for the weather but you still went out that you should actually face the fines and possible charges that police can tag you with for defective equipment on your car. Either that or make it that you aren't covered by insurance.

Just yesterday I am sitting at the light at Granville and 16th Ave. This Toyota pickup pulls up next to me and I look over at the huge rust holes in the fender....then notice the almost bald tires. The tires are illegal on bare and dry pavement, now put this idiot in snow. Doesn't matter that it is a 4x4. If all 4 bald tires are spinning, you are still going nowhere fast.

Edited by old_time_hockey

No way. I want a foot overnight. I will still get to work, but then I can say the drive was long tough and that is why I am late and not the real reason that I stayed in bed longer and played "trapped in a snowed in cabin" with the wife.

That's your luxury.

For me, classes start on time whether I'm there or not, and buses have minds of their own. So once something goes wrong, it'll create a domino effect in terms of timing.

Not to mention the nightmare of getting home. Richmond buses are usually packed at Broadway, so chances are that I'd be safer going downtown (via a huge detour) and catching the bus on the early stops.

Edited by BuckyHermit

Forecast for here- Melbourne

tues 38 wed 40 thurs 40 fri 40 sat 40 (all celcius, or 100 for f geeks).

Expect a few walk overs from Tennis, there were 4 yesterday.

No thanks; I'd rather go through cold than heat.

At least with cold, you can bundle up. What do you do with heat? Take off your layer of skin?

Forecast for here- Melbourne

tues 38 wed 40 thurs 40 fri 40 sat 40 (all celcius, or 100 for f geeks).

Expect a few walk overs from Tennis, there were 4 yesterday.

They just showed temp at court level at the open...high 40's! Wow.

Edited by debluvscanucks

So does anybody know how much snow Richmond's getting overnight? Does anybody hate how Richmond schools don't close unless there's a "civic emergency"?

Really depends. I expect nothing less than 3-5 cm in one night

I also expect gridlock on every single arterial road, as well as massive transit delays, overstretched city service crew, and a good number of crashes

If people in Vancouver would just make sure that they equip their cars properly, things would be better. I think that if you are in a collision and the police find that the tires on your car aren't suited for the weather but you still went out that you should actually face the fines and possible charges that police can tag you with for defective equipment on your car. Either that or make it that you aren't covered by insurance.

Just yesterday I am sitting at the light at Granville and 16th Ave. This Toyota pickup pulls up next to me and I look over at the huge rust holes in the fender....then notice the almost bald tires. The tires are illegal on bare and dry pavement, now put this idiot in snow. Doesn't matter that it is a 4x4. If all 4 bald tires are spinning, you are still going nowhere fast.

And where do you suppose these tires will come from? Thin air?