The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Well I sometimes drive thru Kerrisdale on my way home from UBC.

Hopefully you either come home very early or very late. Traffic on 41st in Kerrisdale at 3pm SUCKS. I've gotten off the bus at Elm, and walked up to Yew in time to hop on the bus IN FRONT of the one I was on.

Hopefully you either come home very early or very late. Traffic on 41st in Kerrisdale at 3pm SUCKS. I've gotten off the bus at Elm, and walked up to Yew in time to hop on the bus IN FRONT of the one I was on.

Yeah but sometimes it is faster than Marine thru snob land there.

SFU snow update

The outlook is for wet snow flurries and occasional snow on Burnaby Mountain through Saturday morning, likely heaviest (up to 7cm) of snow Wednesday night. Watch here for updates, and before you drive on the mountain check the SFU Road Conditions report online or by phone at 604-444-4929.

it's gotten really cold the last few days. first time in like a month that i had to wear a jacket today!

Roads in burnaby are slushy as soon as you go up even a little bit any hill. I woke up at six this morning, saw snow out of my window, and went back to sleep. Rather be late to work than play slip and slide with the local idiots.

Just use winter tires and low gears. Slush has decent traction, and there SHOULD be enough grip for even all-season tires.

Just use winter tires and low gears. Slush has decent traction, and there SHOULD be enough grip for even all-season tires.

I have snow tires and four wheel drive. I would happily take the coquihalla in a snow storm. It's the other idiots without snowtires or any ability to drive that I was avoiding.

If it snowed a foot I would go on a pleasure cruise if only to enjoy the empty streets due to everyone else being stuck.

I have snow tires and four wheel drive. I would happily take the coquihalla in a snow storm. It's the other idiots without snowtires or any ability to drive that I was avoiding.

If it snowed a foot I would go on a pleasure cruise if only to enjoy the empty streets due to everyone else being stuck.

You can probably drive through that foot of snow with an electic car. Well... maybe not since it's packing snow, but I seriously have no idea why people here are having such a hard time. It's the one argument we lose to Toronto: "You panic at the sight of snow". I panic at the sight dry blizzards (cold weather and strong winds, no snowfall).

You can probably drive through that foot of snow with an electic car. Well... maybe not since it's packing snow, but I seriously have no idea why people here are having such a hard time. It's the one argument we lose to Toronto: "You panic at the sight of snow". I panic at the sight dry blizzards (cold weather and strong winds, no snowfall).

In English?