The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

The Moscrop area in Burnaby is terrible. No plowing, one way streets, and unshovelled sidewalks. They're have a higher elevation than most other areas so there's just so much snow. I saw two cars stuck there and then when my mom had to pick me up in that area, I had to walk a block because the car in front of her was stuck. My sister had the rubber boots today, and the only place I could walk properly was between the tire tracks. I eventually had to get to the edge of the road though to get in the car, so I had no choice but to stick one of my feet in the chilly water and it was completely soaked down to the sock...

Ahh, that was unpleasant.

I definitely agree that puddles are better than the ice.. At least you can see the puddles. But it's so annoying how some people are so inconsiderate and don't shovel the sidewalk.

What's annoying is that some puddles tend to form under the snow, so you can walk onto the fresh snow, ie. to try to get away from the slipperyness, and step right into a wet surprise.

Snow makes underground undersnow puddles invisible, really.

It was pretty much Lake UBC today.

There was a bizarre sight around Buchanan C and D, where a huge lake was blocked off by a bunch of recycling bins, directing people to walk through the trees instead.

Lake is a bit of an understatement ;)

Seriously though, I need to get me a pair of boots as my socks were soaked after walking three minutes to my first class

What's annoying is that some puddles tend to form under the snow, so you can walk onto the fresh snow, ie. to try to get away from the slipperyness, and step right into a wet surprise.

Snow makes underground undersnow puddles invisible, really.

That's why you don't make new pathways...you step on where others have stepped on before.

Hopefully UBC clears up a bit too, puddlewise.

Plant Ops finally got around to clearing the sidewalk along Walter Gage Road, on the Brock Hall Annex side. It was freshly cleared, so it was a bit slippery, but with the rain, that sidewalk should be fully operational tomorrow. Yay. I cut through there all the time, so I'm lovin' that.

Edited by BuckyHermit