The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

I like ice much better thank you very much.....there are ponds everywhere at UBC.

Disagree.

At least you can see puddles. At the worst, if you step in a puddle, your pantlegs get wet.

You step on ice, you fall. You also can't see ice at times.

Slush is probably the worst, though. Sometimes you see it; sometimes you don't. It gets you wet either way, and it's embarrassing as hell to slip on slush.

Disagree.

At least you can see puddles. At the worst, if you step in a puddle, your pantlegs get wet.

Slush is probably the worst, though. Sometimes you see it; sometimes you don't. It gets you wet either way, and it's embarrassing as hell to slip on slush.

If only temperatures could plunge to -10 right now, all of Vancouver could be used as a skating rink.

Disagree.

Maybe, but at least with slush you can get traction when driving. Black ice to me is the worst, because you lose control unexpectedly.

My problem is usually the hills where I live in and around.

I could probobly get my car out of my place and get to work fine, but it would have been impossible in the snow to get it back up the hills to my house.

Exactly. Even my relatives from Toronto are impressed that I have to commute through two "mountains" on my way to school -- apparently, the Shaughnessy area is considered a "mountain" east of BC and Alberta.

I present to you, the chronicles of SFU Guy! (There was a bit more after but I went to bed... Just in case there was school the next day :P )

sfuguy.jpg

LOL... if you're in the Facebook group, can you please post this? :D