The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

My 480 articulated bus jacknifed today on Granville trying to turn to 41st. Mad skills by the driver, with the help of some other buses (blocking traffic while our bus got free). We had to block 3 lanes, including one oncoming lane, to get free.

Fun times.

Somebody tell me why using an articulated bus in this weather is a bad idea.

Commute from 1 and Blundell to UBC today took me about 2 hours. Normally, it's 50-65 mins.

But yes, that was an epic story. Caused a nice jam south of 41st on Granville too :P

Oh, and at this time, I'd like to finger those who decided to park on Granville Street's curb lane right before a major snowfall, causing traffic to be backed up to no end. If there's a snowfall warning and you're parked somewhere where it's an HOV lane during peak hours, then move your car before everyone gets mad at you.

Anybody want to post some pictures of street puddles?

god bless snow in new west --douglas closed.

still got to do my labs though (: microscope, mitosis, some plants, chemistry who knows

anyone know how is a final lab test ? whats it all about ?

Anybody want to post some pictures of street puddles?

Just go to the bus loop at UBC and you'll see a couple islands of concrete surrounded by an ocean and slush.

Really, whose idea was it to pile a load of snow right in front of the busiest pathway leading to the loop (south of the SRC, after the turn)...

Edited by blue.dragon258

Oh, and at this time, I'd like to finger those who decided to park on Granville Street's curb lane right before a major snowfall, causing traffic to be backed up to no end. If there's a snowfall warning and you're parked somewhere where it's an HOV lane during peak hours, then move your car before everyone gets mad at you.

BOO HOO. A

BOO HOO. Life gets a lot tougher than that when you get older