The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

I'm surprised, even SFU has just a light dusting and nothing more.

Looks like we're in for more over the weekend though. It's definitely cold enough

I can't remember, did we have a white Christmas last year?

YES!!! There was a crap load of snow on and over Christmas.

I'm surprised, even SFU has just a light dusting and nothing more.

Looks like we're in for more over the weekend though. It's definitely cold enough

I can't remember, did we have a white Christmas last year?

Very much so, it was actually the first time it snowed on/throughout Christmas in years.(in Burnaby) Before last year, the snow didn't really seem to come till January.

Hopefully the snow will come around Christmas time, it's kinda depressing to wake up Christmas morning and see a bunch of green and/or rain.

Edited by Gnickers87

a COUPLE years ago . . . last time I remember going there I was an avid 5 year old hockey player, so 16 years ago!!!

was it really open recently? i cant believe i missed it!

I was on it today, it's pretty fun. There were a few groups of people skating and playing hockey.

YES!!! There was a crap load of snow on and over Christmas.

Very much so, it was actually the first time it snowed on/throughout Christmas in years.(in Burnaby) Before last year, the snow didn't really seem to come till January.

Hopefully the snow will come around Christmas time, it's kinda depressing to wake up Christmas morning and see a bunch of green and/or rain.

ahh i thought so! couldn't remember if it was last year of the year before. thanks for clarifying!

Are you prepared for snow? The City of Vancouver says it is

Up to 10 cm expected to fall on Metro Vancouver Monday; 20 to 30 cm expected on Tuesday

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Forecasters are predicting 10 cm of snow for Metro Vancouver on Monday and at least 20 to 30 centimeters for Tuesday. But, it should be a relief to hear that the city is doing what it can to make sure we don't run into the same problems we had last winter, when six snowstorms buried Vancouver.

Murray Wightman, the City's manager of street operations, says they've got a new, bigger snow blower ready for battle. "We've got one that is here right now; a smaller snow blower. Some trucks are ready that were not ready last year. We are completely at our capacity for what we've got."

And as far as residential areas go, he hopes the snow-clearing bylaw will take care of that so his crews can focus on main roads.

There's a maximum fine in Vancouver of $2,000 for failing to clear your sidewalks and the City can bill you if it has to do it.

Source: http://www.news1130.com/news/local/more.jsp?content=20091213_000703_8652

Seriously?!