The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Yeah it does. Thick enough to skate on for sure.

I think they take all the fish out other than the Koi which just sink to the bottom and wait out the winter lol

310821757_ba00898992.jpg?v=0

This was from today

a163kn.jpg

That's cool. There's definately enough room to throw the puck around.

Latest:

For the second time in less than a week, Metro Vancouver is facing a snowfall warning as the region's brush with winter continues.

It began snowing lightly in downtown Vancouver just before 10 a.m. and Environment Canada said areas of Metro Vancouver can expect up to 15 centimetres of snow from Wednesday night to Thursday afternoon. The precipitation is expected to turn into rain in the afternoon in the city and by evening further inland.

"Light snow flurries will continue over much of the south coast today as a weak pacific front is draped over the area," said a snowfall warning issued Wednesday morning.

"However, a second more moisture-laden system will make its down from north B.C coast tonight and cause snowfall rates to increase overnight over the south coast. The snow will change to rain in the afternoon over most regions as the frontal system draws in milder marine air from the Pacific."

Temperatures hit a frosty -6 C Wednesday morning.

Meteorologist Mark Madryga said no record minimums were set in B.C. on Tuesday. Vancouver's temperature was -9.5 C Tuesday morning, falling short of the record low -12.9, also set in 1985, making Tuesday the second coldest Nov. 23 low on record.

But Madryga noted that Tuesday's maximum high temperature reached only -3.2 C, which eclipsed the all-time coldest maximum for Nov. 23 in Vancouver, which was -1.9 C set in 1985.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Metro+Vancouver+facing+another+snowfall+warning/3868574/story.html#ixzz16Fpo0PHX

Over the river and through the woods

To Grandmother's house we go

The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh

Through white and drifted snow

Oh how the wind does blow

It stings the toes and bites the nose

As over the ground we go

To Grandmother's house we go

The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh

Through white and drifted snow

Oh how the wind does blow

It stings the toes and bites the nose

As over the ground we go

And through the barnyard gate

We seem to go extremely slow

It is so hard to wait

Now Grandmother's cap I spy

Hooray for the fun

Is the pudding done?

Hooray for the pumpkin pie

Hooray for the fun

Is the pudding done?

Hooray for the pumpkin pie

Hooray!

Gary Point in Steveston is frozen every year usually. Huge area to play a little puck on.

I used to work with a person who was born and raised in BBY and still lives there that remembers where Deer Lake would be frozen over for a solid month in the dead of winter.

That and there were times when the Fraser would not totally freeze but calm sections would.

----! When my bus was driving me home today, we went past my town's downtown and a guy was riding a bike after tons of snow we got (the snow's up to my fence), and he turned a corner and his bike did a front flip, and he ended up getting a faceplant on the sidewalk! he got up and all what i seen was his face covered in snow/sand! after his bike smashed into the sidewalk, it skidded on the ice and smashed into the stop sign!

----! When my bus was driving me home today, we went past my town's downtown and a guy was riding a bike after tons of snow we got (the snow's up to my fence), and he turned a corner and his bike did a front flip, and he ended up getting a faceplant on the sidewalk! he got up and all what i seen was his face covered in snow/sand! after his bike smashed into the sidewalk, it skidded on the ice and smashed into the stop sign!

Hahaha! Wow! Fail!