The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

That is the law as I understand it. In fact the Sea-to-Sky has not be so designated despite calls for it to be done.

Oct 5, 2010 9:59am

Sea to Sky resolutions get mixed UBCM reception

Invasive species, recycling pass; snow tires voted down

By Jesse Ferreras

Resolutions proposed by Sea to Sky communities got a mixed reception at the Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM) convention last week.

Policy resolutions regarding invasive species and recycling passed, while a resolution to make snow tires a legal requirement in the winter months was voted down after already being rejected by the UBCM resolutions committee.

If you use tires that do not have sufficient tread then you can be ticketed in non-mountainous regions. As far as I know it is lawful to drive in Metro Vancouver with summer tires or all-season as long as they meet minimum tread requirements.

I got to work fine on all seasons this morning. Sure wish other people would leave more space. That's thie biggest thing I noticed was idiots still driving with distances that are probably too short even on a dry summer day.

Couple of pics I snapped on my Blackberry of my house and neighborhood in North Delta this afternoon

Snowfall_Nov_2010.jpg

Snowfall2_Nov_2010.jpg

I think I live near you :ph34r:.

I drove to Langley today, and it sucked - bad. Surrey always seems to do a spectacularly bad job when it comes to clearing the snow.

Vancouver sucks so much in the snow. It took me me 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to work on transit this morning, and no, it had nothing to do with the Canada Line. Waited nearly 25 minutes for a bus on Broadway then another 45 for the 116 at Metrotown. There was supposed to be one at 9:30 and it just didn't show up so I got the 10. So much for that transit alert system I signed up for. I got a bunch yesterday about elevators being out of service. This morning, no alerts at all, lol.

The upside is, my boss sent us home early so I only ended up working 5 hours today!