The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB thread

Gretzky's Mullet

Yeah, they only played it about 1000 times on TSN, and made pretty much the same declaration as you. But I can't say I disagree, it will definitely be one of the big candidates.

Vernon Wells only plays well when nothing is on the line. Since the Jays missing the playoffs is already a foregone conclusion this year, it might bode well for him (though I suppose missing the playoffs has been a foregone conclusion for a long time for the Blue Jays).

Ricky Romero looked pretty good for the Jays today. 4 K's, 1 ER. Too bad the offense is sputtering, it's 1-0 in the bottom of the eighth. How come, with how bad the Jays have been over the past 10 years that we don't have a single stud young player? No Longoria, Braun, Zimmerman, Upton, etc.

If you're gonna build from within, better make sure your scouting department is top of the line- I don't like all that much of what I see right now coming in the system. Sure hope that Drabek guy we got for Halladay turns out alright but I'm not holding my breath.

The Jays are pretty much the Pittsburgh Pirates of the AL.

Ricky Romero looked pretty good for the Jays today. 4 K's, 1 ER. Too bad the offense is sputtering, it's 1-0 in the bottom of the eighth. How come, with how bad the Jays have been over the past 10 years that we don't have a single stud young player? No Longoria, Braun, Zimmerman, Upton, etc.

If you're gonna build from within, better make sure your scouting department is top of the line- I don't like all that much of what I see right now coming in the system. Sure hope that Drabek guy we got for Halladay turns out alright but I'm not holding my breath.

The Jays are pretty much the Pittsburgh Pirates of the AL.

Don't give up on Travis Snider just yet. Adam Lind and Aaron Hill were both homegrown. Alex Rios didn't live up to billing, but was also in that category. Drabek isn't major league ready, but they twice insisted on him as part of the Halladay trade so they clearly think he's worth it. Travis D'Arnaud was also part of that trade and may be the catcher of the future. The Jays are not the Rays, but aren't the Pirates either in terms of drafting acumen. (The Pirates also draft partially due to signability and frugality, hence drafting Bryan Bullington over BJ Upton and Prince Fielder)

Excited to see how Brandon Morrow fairs out tomorrow. He's scheduled to make his Blue Jays debut against the Orioles tomorrow. He seems like a good pitcher. Good fastball, from what I've seen, he seems like he has some command troubles

Depends. I dont mind the people who support them year round, but arent huge Red Sox fans, let alone baseball fans. The ones that really make me mad are the ones who diss them when they are losing, hate baseball, but when their is 1 out left in the bottom of the 9th and the (insert team name here) are gonna win the WS, that really makes me mad

Same here, I don't mind the people who aren't diehard fans but still like the team or certain players and enjoy baseball. The ones I get mad at the most are ones who think they know everything about the Sox but really only jumped on during the 04 or even the 07 WS wins. Or even the people who think just cause they have seen the movie Fever Pitch, they know the Sox history.

But in other notes, it will be good to see Wakefield on the mound tom. & has pitched well at Kauffman in the past. I would like to see him stick around another season to see him break the all-time record for Sox wins as a pitcher

Archived