The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

You're right it doesn't get all that severe in Seoul. There are around 15 subway lines in Seoul. I would say lines #1,2,3,4 are the busiest lines.

The worst sections of the Seoul subway in my opinion are portions of line #2 (especially feeding in and out of the Gangnam area) and sections of line #1 linking sattelite areas like Incheon and Bucheon to Seoul.

The worst stations are probably Sindorim station (transfer point between lines 1 and 2) and Jongro-3-ga station (lines 1, 3, and 5).

The Ulgiro (sp?) area is bad too. It's almost easier to get off the subway and walk because the stations are so close to each other.

Besides smoothies, I doubt they'll be handing out free stuff. (The smoothies at the open houses are delicious though.)

Take a guess. :P (It has nothing to do with Kim Jong Il.)

Thanks for the tip... I did hear someone mention Gangnam as a really busy part of Seoul. I don't even know where in the city I'll be placed in yet, so hopefully it's not in an area that's notoriously bad for traffic.

Well if you're white I assume teach English.

Where in Seoul will you be? I was there for two years and loved it.

You're kyopo?

What areas are you looking at?

I'm what? lol.

I've already confirmed that it's in Seoul, but dunno which part yet. They're placing me in wherever they need me.

We're de-railing this thread, aren't we?

Edited by BuckyHermit

I'm what? lol.

I've already confirmed that it's in Seoul, but dunno which part yet. They're placing me in wherever they need me.

We're de-railing this thread, aren't we?

kyopo is a korean who was adopted by american/canadian parents and goes back. i knew several of them while there.

what kind of school is it? sound shady if they are 'placing' you....

kyopo is a korean who was adopted by american/canadian parents and goes back. i knew several of them while there.

what kind of school is it? sound shady if they are 'placing' you....

Then I'm not Kyopo.

It's a public school. That's how they work -- they put you in the schools that need you, rather than you applying for the school you want.

Again, de-railing the thread. :P

Edit: Yes, it's SMOE... kinda. The way I got in was weird, which I won't get into.

Edited by BuckyHermit

Translink will admit their follies and reinstate the 400expresses, to which I will streak down Granville.

I think there might be a rule about naked people on buses.

But yeah, I'd be very surprised if they don't reinstate at least half of the 4xx routes.

Then I'm not Kyopo.

It's a public school. That's how they work -- they put you in the schools that need you, rather than you applying for the school you want.

Again, de-railing the thread. :P

Edit: Yes, it's SMOE... kinda. The way I got in was weird, which I won't get into.

Hmmm...sounds weird. I worked at the Saegeumjeong public school. I was never placed there though...

Good school, smart kids. Hot co-teacher.

It'll be packed come Sept 8.

Bus passups will be the norm.

Translink will admit their follies and reinstate the 400expresses, to which I will streak down Granville.

Kinda sucks that they went with half length trains. What were they thinking? The popultaion is judt going to increase more and more. They barely built those to suport the current popultaion.