The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

Why don't these tracks have those large beam in the middle?

Because these trains run on conventional rotary motor, not linear induction like the Bombardier Skytrain.

And could they please paint the entire train. Metal color doesn't look nice.

They cheaped out, due to the overbearing cost of construction.

http://www.translink.bc.ca/TransitSvc_Impr...aySchedules.asp

Following is a summary of transit schedule revisions during the period of December 24 – January 1. Use the trip planner on this web site to plan your transit travel during the festive season. Happy Holidays!

December 24 – regular weekday fares

West Coast Express PM trains will depart from downtown at 1:00, 3:00, 4:50, 5:30 and 6:20 plus the regular TrainBus service.

December 25 – holiday fares (a one-zone fare is good for travel in all three zones)

Most bus routes will run according to their “Sunday/holiday” schedules; however, some routes will also run with further frequency modifications. Click here for the list of routes with further frequency modifications.

SkyTrain and SeaBus will run according to their Sunday/holiday schedules.

There will be no West Coast Express service on Christmas Day.

December 26 – holiday fares (a one-zone fare is good for travel in all three zones)

Most bus routes will run according to Sunday/holiday schedules. Service frequency will be enhanced for routes that serve major shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Click here for the list of routes that will feature additional frequency.

SkyTrain service will start and finish according to its “Saturday” schedule, but will feature more frequent service during midday to accommodate shopping crowds.

SeaBus service will operate according to a Sunday/holiday schedule but will extend late-night service according to a Saturday schedule.

There will be no West Coast Express service on Boxing Day.

December 31 – regular weekday fares until 5 pm, then free service

Buses will operate on a regular weekday schedule, with extended late-night service on a number of routes. Click here for the list of routes with extended New Year’s Eve service.

SkyTrain and SeaBus will extend late-night service by one hour, with the last train and ferry leaving Waterfront Station at 2:20 a.m.

West Coast Express PM trains will depart from downtown at 1:00, 3:00, 4:50, 5:30 and 6:20 plus the regular TrainBus service.

January 1 – holiday fares (a one-zone fare is good for travel in all three zones)

Buses, SeaBus and SkyTrain will operate on regular Sunday/holiday schedules.

There will be no West Coast Express service on New Year’s Day.

http://www.translink.bc.ca/TransitSvc_Impr...mprovements.asp

The new 364 Langley Centre/Scottsdale service, new 388 Walnut Grove/22nd Street Station route, new 609 Tsawwassen First Nation/South Delta Exchange service, and new 125 BCIT/Patterson Station peak-period service highlights the next round of bus improvements.

All changes take place Monday, December 29 except the new BCIT service, which begins Monday, January 5. Just click on the route number/name to access the updated schedule/map.

Note that for each area, regular bus routes are listed first, followed by Community Shuttles [C] and NightBus [N].

Vancouver, Burnaby and New Westminster

3 Main/Downtown

Route extended to Cordova Street (at Seymour Street).

17 Oak/Downtown/UBC

Improvements during off-peak periods will increase service frequency to a minimum of every 15 minutes, 6 am - 9 pm every day.

25 Brentwood Station/UBC

More frequent weekday and Sunday/holiday service for all time periods.

33 UBC/29th Avenue Station

Introduction of weekend/holiday service plus earlier eastbound weekday morning service.

41 Joyce Station/Crown/UBC

More frequent Sunday/holiday early morning service.

43 Joyce Station/UBC

More frequent service in the weekday peak periods.

44 UBC/Downtown

More frequent weekday service, 7 - 10 am and 3 - 7 pm.

100 Airport Station/22nd Street Station

Weekday morning peak service improves to every 12 minutes; evening trips that have been terminating at Marpole Loop will be extended to Granville Street, 10 pm - midnight every day.

104 Annacis Island/22nd Street Station

Weekday afternoon service improves to every 12 minutes, 4 - 6 pm.

123 New Westminster Station / Brentwood Station

Service will run at least every 15 minutes, 6 am - 9 pm every day.

NEW 125 Patterson Station/BCIT

Beginning January 5, this new weekday peak-period, peak-direction service offers another transit option for BCIT students. The 125 will run every 10 minutes, northbound only (from Patterson Station Bay 1 to BCIT) between approximately 7 - 9:15 am and southbound only (from BCIT to Patterson Station) between approximately 3:30 - 6:30 pm.

130 Metrotown Station/Phibbs Exchange/Capilano University

Additional service will be provided between Phibbs Exchange and Capilano University during weekday AM & PM peak periods.

144 SFU/Metrotown Station

Service increases to every 15 minutes, weekdays between 10 am - 3 pm.

480 UBC

Service every 10 minutes, Richmond to UBC, weekdays 7 - 10 am.

C5 Edmonds Station/Royal Oak Station

C6 Suncrest/Metrotown Station

C7 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station

More frequent (30-minute) service weekday evenings and weekends/holidays. Also, weekday evening service will be extended until approximately midnight.

N19 NightBus

Late-night Monday-Saturday 3:00 am trip from downtown Vancouver will continue to New Westminster Station instead of terminating at Metrotown Station.

Surrey, White Rock, Langley and Delta

311 Vancouver

364 Langley Centre

These routes will depart Scottsdale Exchange via Bay 8.

340 22nd Street Station

This route will depart Scottsdale Exchange via Bay 6.

NEW 364 Langley Centre/Scottsdale

This new service along 64 Avenue will run every 30 minutes, weekdays 6 am - 9 pm, Saturday 7 am - 8 pm, and Sunday/holidays 8 am - 8 pm.

NEW 388 Walnut Grove/22nd Street Station

This new limited-stop service provides public transit access along 88 Avenue, in North Langley (Port Kells) and in the Queensborough/Annacis Island area. Initially, service runs every 30 minutes, weekdays only between approximately 5:30 - 8:30 am and 4 - 7 pm.

502 Surrey Central Station/Langley Centre/Aldergrove

Weekend/holiday service from Aldergrove will start earlier (6 am).

NEW 609 Tsawwassen First Nation/South Delta Exchange

This new service will run hourly between Tsawwassen Drive North (at Falcon Way) and South Delta Exchange, weekdays from approximately 5 am - 11 pm and weekends/holidays 5:30 am - 9:30 pm.

C62 Walnut Grove

C64 Willowbrook

Will depart Langley Centre via Bay 6.

C74 Fraser Heights/Guildford/Surrey Central Station

More frequent (15-minute) service weekdays 9 am - 3 pm; more frequent weekend/holiday service (30 minutes in early morning and late evening; 15 minutes during other times); earlier weekend/holiday service start time (6 am).

Richmond & Airport

100 Airport Station/22nd Street Station

More frequent (12-minute) weekday morning peak period service; also, evening trips that have been terminating at Marpole Loop will be extended to Granville Street, 10 pm - midnight every day.

403 Richmond Centre/Three Road

Service will run at least every 15 minutes, 6 am - 9 pm every day.

410 Railway/22nd Street Station

Buses will leave from 22nd Street Station every 10 minutes, weekdays 3 - 5 pm.

480 UBC

More frequent (10-minute) service, Richmond to UBC, weekdays 7 - 10 am.

C98 Kingswood/22nd Street Station

More frequent (30 minute) service, weekdays 7:00 - 9:30 am and 4:00 - 6:30 pm.

North Shore

Additional service will be provided between Phibbs Exchange and Capilano University during weekday AM & PM peak periods.

212 Deep Cove/Phibbs Exchange

More frequent (30-minute) service Sunday/holidays for most of the day.

236 Lonsdale Quay/Pemberton Heights/Grouse Mountain

An additional 236 Harbourside trip, leaving Lonsdale Quay weekdays at 8:35 am.

Tri-Cities

169 Coquitlam Station/Braid Station

More frequent weekend/holiday service; as a result, the 169 will now run at least every 15 minutes, 6 am - 9 pm every day.

701 Maple Ridge East/Haney Place/Coquitlam Station

Additional eastbound Sunday/holiday late-night trip leaves Coquitlam Station at 1:07 am.

C29 Parkway Boulevard/Coquitlam Station

Service every 15 minutes during weekday peak periods.

C37 Port Coquitlam Station/Prairie/Riverside

C38 Port Coquitlam Station/Prairie/River Springs/Coquitlam Station

These routes will follow wilson Avenue and Shaughnessy Street exclusively when departing/nearing Port Coquitlam Station - no longer travelling along Mary Hill Road or McAllister Avenue.

Port Coquitlam Centre bus bay changes

Bus bay assignments in Port Coquitlam Centre (downtown Port Coquitlam) will be as follows:

Bay 1

159 Braid Station

160 Port Coquitlam Station

C37 Port Coquitlam Station

C38 Coquitlam Station

Bay 2

159 Port Coquitlam Station

160 Vancouver

C37 Prairie or Riverside

C38 Prairie or River Springs

Bays 3 & 4 will be discontinued

Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows

701 Maple Ridge East/Haney Place/Coquitlam Station

Additional eastbound late-night trip leaves Coquitlam Station at 1:07 am.

Vancity U-Pass (UBC, SFU & Langara)

17 Oak/Downtown/UBC

Improvements during off-peak periods will increase service frequency to a minimum of every 15 minutes, 6 am - 9 pm every day.

25 Brentwood Station/UBC

More frequent weekday and Sunday/holiday service for all time periods.

Introduction of weekend/holiday service plus earlier eastbound weekday morning service.

41 Joyce Station/Crown/UBC

More frequent Sunday/holiday early morning service.

43 Joyce Station/UBC

More frequent service in the weekday peak periods.

44 UBC/Downtown

More frequent weekday service, 7 - 10 am and 3 - 7 pm.

144 SFU/Metrotown Station

Service increases to every 15 minutes, weekdays between 10 am - 3 pm.

480 UBC

Service every 10 minutes, Richmond to UBC, weekdays 7 - 10 am.

North Shore

Additional service will be provided between Phibbs Exchange and Capilano University during weekday AM & PM peak periods

this and the added 28 and 239 may be caused by the addition of the U-Pass at Cap and also the construction of a new bus loop up by the P building which is supposed to be done Jan 5/09

Not too surprised at this one. the 33's been really popular.

Orly? I like taking the 33 from UBC because it's always so empty. Not nobody-there-empty, but it's never crowded.

Orly? I like taking the 33 from UBC because it's always so empty. Not nobody-there-empty, but it's never crowded.

To further the point, I take the 33 everyday and I always get a seat. The busiest I've ever seen is where all the seats were full with a maximum of 1-2 people standing. So like you said, it's never crowded...and I like it that way. :rolleyes:

To further the point, I take the 33 everyday and I always get a seat. The busiest I've ever seen is where all the seats were full with a maximum of 1-2 people standing. So like you said, it's never crowded...and I like it that way. :rolleyes:

I take the 33 from 29th Avenue Station, and it is standing room only when it leaves. It seems to empty near Knight street, from my observations.

The 98 B-Line is always crowded, especially from Granville Street to Richmond. I never get a seat. <_<

The 98 B-Line is always crowded, especially from Granville Street to Richmond. I never get a seat. <_<

At least you can get on. If you can even board the bus, I consider you lucky.

(Same goes for other Richmond-bound buses on Granville, such as 480, 491 and 496. 490 sometimes too, but less so.)

this and the added 28 and 239 may be caused by the addition of the U-Pass at Cap and also the construction of a new bus loop up by the P building which is supposed to be done Jan 5/09

Don't forget the 255 that runs to Capilano University

In November, West Vancouver Blue Bus inaugurated the #255 Dundarave/Capilano University – an extension of the #255, which formerly terminated at Lynn Valley. The route will provide half-hourly service seven days a week and 15-minute service on weekday afternoons.

Information we already know about:

BUS ROUTE AND SERVICE CHANGES ONCE THE CANADA LINE BEGINS OPERATION IN LATE 2009

The Canada Line will reduce peak transit travel times between downtown Vancouver and Richmond Centre from 50+ minutes today to 25 minutes. A trip from Bridgeport to Waterfront will take 18 minutes on Canada Line vs. up to 35 minutes by express bus. With the Canada Line providing faster, more reliable service, TransLink proposes bus service changes to improve access to Canada Line stations and allow more efficient use of the bus fleet.

Vancouver

• Four Vancouver routes (Granville, Oak, Cambie and Main) will connect with Canada Line at Cambie and Marine.

Trolley wires will be extended to bring the Granville, Oak and Main routes to the station.

• 15 Cambie local service reduced

• More service on 10 Granville, replacing 98 B-Line, slightly less on 17 Oak and 3 Main (3 gets the larger articulated trolleys).

• East-west service levels in Vancouver increase (9/99, 25, 41, 49, 100, new B-Line on 41st Avenue).

• Bus connections will be at on-street stops except at Marine Drive station where an off-street loop will be provided.

Richmond

• Express and regional bus services on Granville and Oak, including 98 B-Line, replaced by Canada Line.

• Richmond local routes connect at Canada Line stations and run more often.

• Richmond-UBC service increases, including a new direct route from West Richmond/Steveston to UBC.

• The Richmond Centre and Bridgeport stations will have off-street bus transfer facilities, other connections along

Number Three Road will take place on-street.

South of Fraser (South Delta, South Surrey/White Rock, North Delta)

• Highway 99 services will run more often than today. These services will connect with the Canada Line with a major

off-street bus exchange at Bridgeport Station.

Is that replacing the 43? Or is it the 43? I'm assuming it will run more often than the 43 does now. Either way, me likey.

That's the 43, with higher frequency, longer buses, and B-Line infrastructure like traffic signal priority and sheltered bus stops with live electronic displays.

Information we already know about:

BUS ROUTE AND SERVICE CHANGES ONCE THE CANADA LINE BEGINS OPERATION IN LATE 2009

Richmond

• Express and regional bus services on Granville and Oak, including 98 B-Line, replaced by Canada Line.

nitronuts, does it mean that there will be no more 492, 488, 496...?

I really hope not. :angry:

nitronuts, does it mean that there will be no more 492, 488, 496...?

I really hope not. :angry:

No kidding. For those of us who live nowhere near the Canada Line, the cancellation of those routes are going to add 20 mins. + waiting/transfer time to the commute (for me, it takes an average of 20 minutes to get to Richmond Centre alone) -- the speed of the Canada Line wouldn't be enough to make up for this time.

Instead of helping us, we're getting screwed over instead.

Edited by BuckyHermit

Well, that is just balls.

I guess they didn't really do too many time savings/additions studies before deciding on that boneheaded move then.

How are they going to attract more people to public transit when they're increasing commute time, when they're increasing the number of transfers in order to get anywhere, and with overloaded trains and buses? (I'm not even going to mention the fare prices... yet.)

Edited by BuckyHermit