The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Those words should never be said together for any reason.

Honestly, I'd prefer Crow to Weekes on any given day when it comes to commentary re: Canucks. Crow's been the coach of this team before, and still knows some of the players' key attributes. At the very least, he knows 14 is Alex, not Ryan.

Burrows complements his slightly above average talent with a ton of hard work every shift. Even if burrows had half his talent you'd still want him on the team because of his work ethic on the ice. To use a cliche he gives a 110% every shift no if ands or buts. All that hard work has beeen noticed by as he worked his way up the from the lower level leagues to one of the best lines in the NHL.

GO BUR GO

Burrows could probably be a 15-25 goal scorer without them(yes it may seem like a far stretch but it seems fair). Notice how Sammy was around the 20 goal mark, gets paired with the Sedins and goes on a tear. I could just imagine Kesler and Raymond with the Sedins. WOW!

Wow. is it that big of a deal? Some of you act like the world's going to end because he messed up. I'd like to see half of you up in the booth, I bet you'd all fail.

+1 to you sir. I agree whole heartedly. They obviously have been given their jobs for a reason and they are only human. Gets pretty tough to keep track of players when you are new to being a play by play Weekes) and for two when they alternate between games in the east and west...It was easier before they ALWAYS did the same teams or same time zones and divisions. Either way complaining about it is NOT going to change the fact that you are just gonna have to suck it up and deal with Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes or just turn the volume down...:frantic: