The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

I got 4 months off. Some time on my hands before I go serious travelling. Short trip last weekend to the (Australian) West Coast Bluesfest last weekend. It's here in Melbourne this weekend. Any festival suggestions coming up N America?  Have some live footage Doobie Brothers & Jon Butler once I add to my computer.  Some more shows this weekend?  Larkin Poe Tuesday April 11.  Saskatchewan's Sheepdogs a week Tuesday, and Jane's Addiction / Smashing Pumpkins Saturday. I'm all in!

Listened to four Zep albums yesterday.  Bonzo the inspiration for my kick on those laying the beat today!  :wub:

• Vintage 1

Creative differences?

Chelsea Girls by Nico.  Kurt Cobain would approve (rumoured a big fan!).  Guitar work is sensational by Lou Reed.

Nico contributed vocals to the original with Velvet Underground's debut album. Equally amazing but very different. Apparently she hated the strings & flute so much she did her own...

And I suppose, you don't argue with Phil Spector about production? :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

I’ve always enjoyed Lord Huron, but in the last year they’ve grown to be one of my favourite bands. I saw about a dozen concerts last year, and theirs was the highlight (despite being the day after The National, a long-time favourite).

Many of their songs seem to keep getting better with time. I must have played this one a hundred times, and yet each time it seems better than the last:

• Upvote 1