The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Vasek is starting to get his singles game back which is great to see. He's also still rolling in doubles.

The Raonic vs Fognini quarterfinal match today was hilarious. Fognini in his usual bad attitude did not want to be on the court at all. He basically threw points away. It's inexcusable in my opinion that a top 20 player in the world can have such an awful attitude. For the crowd to pay money to watch a match and to have it be over in less than an hour because one of the players does not want to be playing is so sad.

It was funny though to see that kind of score line in a Raonic match because he's a guy who basically never breaks serve and depends on the tiebreak to win sets.

Raonic vs Fed tomorrow.

It's being reported the Pospisil/Sock have set a record for most consecutive wins to start a partnership with 13. However, Pospisil/Sock withdrew from Toronto because of Pospisil's injury, and gave Gasquet/Tsonga a walkover win. Does that not count as a loss? Isn't their record as a pairing technically 13-1?

Or in tennis, does withdrawing before the match begins, such as the day of, and giving the opponent a w/o win not count as a loss to your season's totals?

Vasek is starting to get his singles game back which is great to see. He's also still rolling in doubles.

The Raonic vs Fognini quarterfinal match today was hilarious. Fognini in his usual bad attitude did not want to be on the court at all. He basically threw points away. It's inexcusable in my opinion that a top 20 player in the world can have such an awful attitude. For the crowd to pay money to watch a match and to have it be over in less than an hour because one of the players does not want to be playing is so sad.

It was funny though to see that kind of score line in a Raonic match because he's a guy who basically never breaks serve and depends on the tiebreak to win sets.

Raonic vs Fed tomorrow.

What happened before the game?

Haha Milos trying to get away with amateur tennis against Roger Federer. It's hilarious.

He needs to learn not to rush points. Not every point can be a serve and volley. I also think he needs to stop running around the backhand and turning it into a forehand so much. It shows that he doesn't trust his backhand at all and it opens up the court too much when he's hitting forehands from outside the doubles alley

Really hoping for a Federer victory today. Roger usually plays well against Ferrer (15-0 record), but their match in Toronto was close. And finally I don't have to stay up till 5 AM to watch it lol

Wowww Federer. How's he still doing it!? His movement on the court and just the way he manipulates opponents into playing a certain shot is incredible. And yeah I do like the North American portion of the tour for that exact reason. No need to stay up super late to watch a big match

Wowww Federer. How's he still doing it!? His movement on the court and just the way he manipulates opponents into playing a certain shot is incredible. And yeah I do like the North American portion of the tour for that exact reason. No need to stay up super late to watch a big match

It's the exact opposite for me. Federer was playing night matches in Toronto and Cincy, and since I live in Asia I had to stay up till 4 or 5 to watch those matches. Today he played at 12 for me, so that was a relief :P

Anyways, it was a good first and third set for Roger. He made too many unforced errors in the second, and Ferrer was playing great. If Fed lost that set 6-0, it would have been the 5th time he's ever been bageled on the pro tour. When it was 5-0, it seemed as though Roger was trying to make Ferrer tired. He kept Ferrer on the move, especially with the dropshots. With Andy and Nole in mediocre form on hardcourt, and with the possibility of Nadal not playing, Fed has a chance at winning the US Open IMO