The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******* OFFICIAL IPHONE/IPOD TOUCH/IPOD/IPAD THREAD*******

Markus Alexander Cody

• 3 weeks later...

We're not exactly sure of the cause of this fancy new issue affecting Apple's super cool iPhone line of cellphones, but apparently you've got trouble come 1/1/2011. According to an explosive stream of frustration-filled tweets on the Twitter microblogging service, when the clock strikes midnight, one off alarms will cease to sing out. The issue sounds eerily similar to recent Daylight Savings Time trouble we witnessed back in November, although we saw both repeating alarm and single alarm failures.

So how can you fix this potentially life-ruining problem? Well until Apple patches its OS -- and it's currently unclear if this is just iOS 4.2.1 or earlier versions as well -- you can simply create a recurring alarm at the time you need to be woken up, and then disable it once your dreams are completely ruined. We're taking a deeper look into the issue and have contacted Apple -- if we get more news, you guys will be the first to know. In the meantime, feel free to commiserate in comments, and... happy new year?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/psa-iphone-alarms-not-working-come-new-years-day-2011/

Best app - Opinionaided

I was undecided on a pair of heels so posted a pic to Opinionaided and within 5 minutes about 50 people had voted on whether they were nice or not and some people even left comments telling me where else to look for similar styles.

Very helpful if you're a deficient shopper like me :)

If you want an iPhone 4 which are STILL hard to find you wont be getting any deal on your plan. Why? Because they always run out of them the day they come in so why bother negotiating with someone when the next guy in line will pay the full price for his plan. Retention is a bit of a myth...yeah everyone has a story about the great deal they got on a non data plan on a crappy free phone but for the good stuff they offer better deals to new customers than ones theyve had for 10+ years. I got a Samsung Galaxy S a few months ago. I did get a deal to not have to pay the 150 bucks for the phone itself and there was a Samsung rep at the rogers store demoing the new Galaxy Tab and she got me a car charger and external speakers for my new phone for free but there was no leeway on the plan. Ive been a Rogers customer since phones were the size of bricks. Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc all their voice/data plans are within a buck or 2 of each other.

Can anyone suggest a way to get pictures from my iPhone to iTunes pleeeeeeeeease.

If you got a Mac, use iPhoto.

If not check the Photos tab in iTunes, or a sync option should pop up from Windows not iTunes when you plug your phone to your computer.

You could also get the Imageshack app, and upload them via that.

Archived