The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

that's about 6 or 7 hours, 75 minutes of which are good, while the others are loaded to the brim with awful dialogue, incredibly lame drama, and extremely unlikable characters

if you don't have an interest in zombie-related anything, then the show isn't worth watchinig at all. it's entirely unremarkable in virtually every way, except for the whole zombie aspect

thin/lame/inconsistent plot devices

entirely shallow, unlikable characters

cliches galore

lame one-liners

it's a show for people who don't apprciate what tv can be, but want to see zombies munch on some flesh and see some explosions and fast cars between sex scenes and sex drama

Rick, for obvious reasons, has merit. Many characters (Dale, Andrea, Shane, Lori black guy, Glenn - excuse me for not being able to recall all of their names at the moment) show compassion for one another. Daryl has shown he can be cooperative, despite that being very difficult for him. Anyways, I don't feel like describing every character in detail, but there's definitely more that can be said about them. Rick, Dale, Shane, Andrea, and Lori have all been developed to some extent. There's only so much development that can happen when things are going on. It's a good thing many of them have their faults anyways, it's not a video game where everyone just kicks butt. Their issues demonstrate that they're human, which helps us relate to them, because obviously we're not in danger of being eaten by zombies.

Well, if I remember the scene correctly, the others were helping to smother the Glenn and Rick in the guts. I didn't really notice exaggerated crunching/splattering noises, or any forced exclamations.

It pretty much worked. It stopped being effective when the rain came down, so yes, I think we were supposed to assume the rain was washing the rotten smell of the corpse off.

• 10 months later...

People have criticized and crucified The Killing but I think The Walking Dead ended much worse, especially the finale. I hope they pick things up this season and I'm interested in seeing what they'll accomplish given that they have 13 episodes.

But I'm way more excited about Hell On Wheels.emot-parrot.gif

Archived