The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Is there a way of making your own arrows? Or do I have to rely on merchants and loot? Seems kinda silly that you can make your own armor and weapons, but not a simple arrow when all you need is some wood, feathers, and whatever material you want your arrowhead made out of...

And yes, I know the "plant your desired arrow and collect infinite arrows" trick...I did that successfully in the thieves guild. :)

I think it is because making arrows would boost your smithing even easier than it already levels, I agree you should be able to make them and they should just do it by increments like 25 at a time or something.

Another Skyrim patch out:

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

General stability improvements

Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)

Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles

Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes

Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading

Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Ok, so I was up above the greybeards doing that quest to talk to that dude ( trying not to give away spoilers) and before heading up I told Lydia to hit the bricks. Shes supposed to go back to my house, Breezeholm, like she has done quite a few times before. but this time she never showed up. I went back up to where I last talked to her, shes not there. I walked what I estimated her route back would be, no sign of her. I dont wanna have to go back thru a few hours of gameplay to a save to get her back. Any way to force a recall of her or something?

I know I can hire some dudes here and there to take her place but I dont want some hobo for hire. You cant trust those losers. Besides she was decked out in some pretty sweet armour and weapons.

Ok, so I was up above the greybeards doing that quest to talk to that dude ( trying not to give away spoilers) and before heading up I told Lydia to hit the bricks. Shes supposed to go back to my house, Breezeholm, like she has done quite a few times before. but this time she never showed up. I went back up to where I last talked to her, shes not there. I walked what I estimated her route back would be, no sign of her. I dont wanna have to go back thru a few hours of gameplay to a save to get her back. Any way to force a recall of her or something?

I know I can hire some dudes here and there to take her place but I dont want some hobo for hire. You cant trust those losers. Besides she was decked out in some pretty sweet armour and weapons.

She ditched you for someone hotter, it's hard to face the facts.tongue.gif

She could be back at Jarrvaskr were the Companions are. That's where I found Aela when she was supposed to be at my house.

can anyone offer some advice for what to focus on skill/perk-wise

im a shield and sword nord that will get my restoration up as well...and sometimes use destruction magic

which skills should i put my perks into and also what should the ratio of my magicka:health:stamina be?

lastly are whiterun guards suppose to be too difficult for a Lvl 4? icon_cheesygrin.gif

im a shield and sword nord that will get my restoration up as well...and sometimes use destruction magic

which skills should i put my perks into and also what should the ratio of my magicka:health:stamina be?

lastly are whiterun guards suppose to be too difficult for a Lvl 4? icon_cheesygrin.gif

If you ever plan on buying a house in Whiterun maybe killing the guards isnt the best use of your time. At lvl 18 my sword and board Nord is around magika 100 health 210 stamina 160 before any perks.He only really uses magika to heal himself and to create a bound sword when he wants to dual wield so base magika amount is fine for that. Points are mostly in 1 handers with 3 or 4 in heavy armour and 2 in restoration. Im not sure the points in heavy armour were the best choices but they seemed right at the time. If you want to add destruction to the mix maybe test out how much magika you use and how often you run out during combat to decide how much to raise it.

Ya ,I'm gonna make one of these guys myself. Just got tired of my level 33 wood elf and am looking forward to a fresh start. I wouldn't use destruction magic as it spreads you out to thin on the perks and doesn't allow for an blocking. I tried to have an all around guy, but there was a rough time at around level 23 to 27 where I would just get destroyed. So I dropped Destruction and just focused on a few skills, ( achery and one hand, light armour ). Restoration is good to have but between food and potions you shouldn't need much magicka. You need stamina for power attacks.

If you ever plan on buying a house in Whiterun maybe killing the guards isnt the best use of your time. At lvl 18 my sword and board Nord is around magika 100 health 210 stamina 160 before any perks.He only really uses magika to heal himself and to create a bound sword when he wants to dual wield so base magika amount is fine for that. Points are mostly in 1 handers with 3 or 4 in heavy armour and 2 in restoration. Im not sure the points in heavy armour were the best choices but they seemed right at the time. If you want to add destruction to the mix maybe test out how much magika you use and how often you run out during combat to decide how much to raise it.

Ya ,I'm gonna make one of these guys myself. Just got tired of my level 33 wood elf and am looking forward to a fresh start. I wouldn't use destruction magic as it spreads you out to thin on the perks and doesn't allow for an blocking. I tried to have an all around guy, but there was a rough time at around level 23 to 27 where I would just get destroyed. So I dropped Destruction and just focused on a few skills, ( achery and one hand, light armour ). Restoration is good to have but between food and potions you shouldn't need much magicka. You need stamina for power attacks.

yeah my sword and shield nord is now lvl 9

i put all my level increases to health atm but will put some stamina tommorrow

i put like 3 into one handed, 2 into heavy armor, 2 into block, 1 smithing, 1 restoration

i enjoy blocking and smithing is necessary to build the heavy armor necessary

and restoration like you said with food and pots... i wont really dive deep into that

i read somewhere else that this type of character also needs to upgrade speech, smithing (as i started to do), and a little bit of restoration

Something I found amusing. If you people remember Riverwood the first little town you go to, and remember the black smith there, named Alvar. Anyways the other day we got into an "altercation". I murdered him and dumped his body in the river.

After a few days I went back to the town and talked to his wife. Surprisingly new dialog appeared! She told me that she hoped the wilds would claim me, and how she missed Alvar.

I thought this was very amusing! She also send some thugs to kill me when I was in solitude!!!!

In the end of the day her body was floating in the river by Riverwood as well. It may sound sick, but it was necessary; SHE TRIED TO KILL ME :(.

Also I wiped out an entire small town (Rorikstead)... I was broke and needed the cash. The farmers were easy pickings. I do not dare attack the bigger towns... I also stroke the farmers outside of Whiterun... unfortunately Lydia died here in the small skirmish. One of the farmers and guard killed her. But nothing got to waste, looted Lydia and the farmers and good some cash.

If you need money 1 advice. Kill the innocent farmers! They are easy pickings!!! Pillage them!

If you need money 1 advice. Kill the innocent farmers! They are easy pickings!!! Pillage them!

do new farmers re-spawn to take there place?

i accidently killed Arcadia in Whiterun and now have no alchemist in the city to buy potions from sad.gif

Something I found amusing. If you people remember Riverwood the first little town you go to, and remember the black smith there, named Alvar. Anyways the other day we got into an "altercation". I murdered him and dumped his body in the river.

After a few days I went back to the town and talked to his wife. Surprisingly new dialog appeared! She told me that she hoped the wilds would claim me, and how she missed Alvar.

I thought this was very amusing! She also send some thugs to kill me when I was in solitude!!!!

In the end of the day her body was floating in the river by Riverwood as well. It may sound sick, but it was necessary; SHE TRIED TO KILL ME :(.

Also I wiped out an entire small town (Rorikstead)... I was broke and needed the cash. The farmers were easy pickings. I do not dare attack the bigger towns... I also stroke the farmers outside of Whiterun... unfortunately Lydia died here in the small skirmish. One of the farmers and guard killed her. But nothing got to waste, looted Lydia and the farmers and good some cash.

How can you be broke? Every dungeon, every quest, drops a boatload of money in your lap. I come back to town after a few dungeons and I cant sell everything cuzz Ive dropped all the merchants down to 0 gold and I still have loot to get rid of. And Im not even trying.

Or are you just using this "I need money" excuse so you can go on murderous rampages?

Archived