The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I got a bug that's really messing with me, I can't use any crafting stations (or similar things, like lumber mills and stuff). The game seems to think I'm in combat when I'm totally not, also it doesn't go away even after numerous re-loads/area transitions/sleeps/waits, or after being in combat then not for a while, then combat again and so forth. I'm playing on PS3 so I can't do console commands. My last savegame without this going on is SOOOO far back from where I am now.

For the house, all I did was talk to the Jarl's warden. I did this before doing any quests in the city too. Talk to him and buying the house should be one of the options.

Doesn't work. I think it might be some kind of bug.

Also, I'm really hating on those Daedric quests again. Who the hell decided that there shouldn't be an opt out clause for them. You either do them, or let them stack up on your quest list. There's not even console commands to delete them. I went to the Boethia shrine, and when they asked me to prove my worth by murdering my follower, I decided to kill the whole cult instead. But instead of the quest ending, Boethia shows up anyways. There are no speech options, so you can't tell her to f' off. She forces you to move to the next step of killing your follower, and you're back to square one.

Again, what developer came up with this crap? lol.

I started a lizard using skill glitches to see how high of a level I could get without killing anything I'm at level 35.

I'm gonna look up more to see how high I can get if anyone knows any please let me know. Currently have:

100 sneak

100 pickpocket

100 smith

80 speech

I'm going to start leveling archery,1 handed, light armor, blocking on giants making sure not to kill them.

There's a glitch for sneak??? :shock:

There's a glitch for sneak??? :shock:

Easiest one is just sneak beside someone while they are asleep.

In Oblivion, I wrapped a rubber band around the left thumbstick so I was continually moving, crouched by a sleeping person and went to clean the house. It won't get you to 100 quickly but it will get you there eventually.

Easiest one is just sneak beside someone while they are asleep.

In Oblivion, I wrapped a rubber band around the left thumbstick so I was continually moving, crouched by a sleeping person and went to clean the house. It won't get you to 100 quickly but it will get you there eventually.

Yeah I've upped my sneak hiding beside a woman's bed in the college of Winterhold and shot her with an arrow, waited for her to get back in bed, and repeat.

Yeah I've upped my sneak hiding beside a woman's bed in the college of Winterhold and shot her with an arrow, waited for her to get back in bed, and repeat.

laugh.gif Nice. I upped my archery in the first city, Riverwood. There's this elve there named Faendol who, after doing a really quick quest, can be your follower. He offers archery training, so one could just pay him to train you, and then take the money back.

On a different note, Lycanthropy (Werewolf-ism) is so much better than Vampirism. I was a vampire with my previous character, but I grew to hate it because you're pretty much useless during the day, and can only come out at night. And even at night it isn't worth it to be a vampire. Werewolves on the other hand are awesome. You can turn it on and off, and there aren't any major drawbacks.

So do you have to sneak by enemies? Can you stand still or do you have to keep moving?

On a side note, here's a funny story.

So in Riften by the vendors, there's the one vendor that can train you in light armor. I wanted to train in it so that I could level up. So then I trained and went to pick-pocket my money back (about 3k) and she caught me. She started attacking me so I ran away; she came after me and then a guard stopped me. Next thing I know she accidentaly hits a guard and before I know it the guards bombard her and she's dead. So after I told the guard that I was with the guild and payed him 10 gold I looted her body, got my gold and her market key, went to her stall opened her lockbox and got like 5 gems and gold. :lol:

I love this game it's so random what can happen; always keeps you guessing. :P

So do you have to sneak by enemies? Can you stand still or do you have to keep moving?

Well she's not an enemy, so I guess not. And you can stand still, I just crouched on the side of her bed that she didn't look at when she laid down.

I started a lizard using skill glitches to see how high of a level I could get without killing anything I'm at level 35.

I'm gonna look up more to see how high I can get if anyone knows any please let me know. Currently have:

100 sneak

100 pickpocket

100 smith

80 speech

I'm going to start leveling archery,1 handed, light armor, blocking on giants making sure not to kill them.

Theres a guy in WoW whos famous for getting to lvl cap 85 without ever killing anything. Noor the Pacifist. Just seems like way too much work.

I found a much easier way to get sneak up. All you do is go to High Hrothgar, and with a dagger, go into sneak, and keep stabbing them. As long as your hidden, and you don't kill them, your sneak goes up. You can hit them while they are doing anything. Even when they are standing up. It's quite great really. Got my sneak from 30 to 100 in 35 minutes.

I found a much easier way to get sneak up. All you do is go to High Hrothgar, and with a dagger, go into sneak, and keep stabbing them. As long as your hidden, and you don't kill them, your sneak goes up. You can hit them while they are doing anything. Even when they are standing up. It's quite great really. Got my sneak from 30 to 100 in 35 minutes.

holy, I gotta try that. how do you not kill them?

I got a bug that's really messing with me, I can't use any crafting stations (or similar things, like lumber mills and stuff). The game seems to think I'm in combat when I'm totally not, also it doesn't go away even after numerous re-loads/area transitions/sleeps/waits, or after being in combat then not for a while, then combat again and so forth. I'm playing on PS3 so I can't do console commands. My last savegame without this going on is SOOOO far back from where I am now.

Oooh, PS3 version makes it tough for me to give you any kind of helpful advice. Pray for a patch. I know that on the PC I had to validate some cache files, or something like that, so that I could use the smithing stuff properly. Best of luck, it's such a great game that it's a real shame when things like this get in the way.

Things that I've figured out in my adventures with the game:

1. Smithing. It's an easy skill to get to 100, just make iron daggers (1 iron, 1 Leather Strip), and all stores restock whenever you fast travel.

2. Followers: Once you get to the portion of the story where Esbern joins you STOP. Advance no farther in the main quest, do a little dungeoning. Esbern is a free follower that can't die. While in Riften go to the Bee and The Barb and pay Marcurio 500 gold to join you.

3. Enchanting: I can't stress this enough, most useful skill if you pick the perks correctly. I have an Ebony Greatsword at 890 damage. To train your enchanting enchant all the iron daggers you made smithing.

4. Alchemy: Get the following ingredients: Deathbells, Swamp Fungal Pods, Cannis Root, River Betty's, Abecean Longfins, Spadetails, and look through barrels for salt piles. Make potions of Slow, Paralysis, and Restoration and sell for a profit and to increase your Speech.

5. If you joined the Dark Brotherhood, get the bonuses, that is all.

Also:

Read this and need more info. A greatsword at 890 damage?! Can you be more specific as to how that's possible? I thought I was doing well with my 111 Daedric sword!

So, this game is freezing on me like it's the end of the world. I'm now scared its going to ruin my ps3 HDD, because everytime I turn it off and turn it back on, this message would pop up saying Something along the lines of corrupted HDD and I must restore it. Anyone getting this or is it only me?

Read this and need more info. A greatsword at 890 damage?! Can you be more specific as to how that's possible? I thought I was doing well with my 111 Daedric sword!

With enchanting you can add up to 200% weapon damage and with the right perks you can have another 100%+ weapon dmg. Just make sure when you craft/improve weapons and armour you have smithing enchantments/potions to temporarily boost your skill, same with enchanting. My one handed axe hits about 300 a swing, cant remembe the exact number....still...890 seems high

Lol I just started my Wood Elf put in about 10 hours to get to level 10 and I'm just doing quests and nothing much Archery is almost at 40. I guess I suck? Playing on PS3. Still figuring out things my way before I start looking for "hacks" or tips from other players. Really focusing on the part where I don't die haha. Still in Whiterun.

So I just started play a Dark Elf mage type style; anyone have any tips/good spells/ things I should do/ get?

'Cause it seems sort of under-powered right now.

Also: Enchanting? HOW??? I can't figure out where to start?

<---- is a noob. Sorry. :picard:

So I just started play a Dark Elf mage type style; anyone have any tips/good spells/ things I should do/ get?

'Cause it seems sort of under-powered right now.

Also: Enchanting? HOW??? I can't figure out where to start?

<---- is a noob. Sorry. :picard:

What level is your Dark Elf? Dark Elf has a +10 I think in destruction type skills and have a resist against fire spells as well.

If this is your first character I would suggest just reading guides. Do quests, and grind it out for a bit.

To enchant items at an early level, you can go to Whiterun and talk to the mage inside Dragonsreach. There's an enchanting table and an alchemy lab where is he located as well. You have two ways to enchant weapons.

1.)You have to learn the spell Soul Capture. Soul Capture (under the School of Conjuration) basically lets you cast a spell on a foe (before you defeat him/her), you have 60 seconds to defeat him/her. If you defeat him/her, their soul will end up in a Soul Gem (empty). Soul Gems have different levels. Each soul gem can has a level cap. You can google it.

You then need to learn an enchantment. You learn an enchantment from disenchating a weapon you find. I only learned this yesterday and realized that enchantments that were on armor, must be placed on armor and weapons must be on weapons.

IE. You disenchant a helmet that had an enchantment on it, you can must place the enchantment on another helmet that you wish to put it on.

2.)You can also buy Soul Gems that are filled already saving you the time. Same process though. You must be at an Enchanting table to place enchantments on weapons / armor.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Fairly newb myself haha.

2.)You can purchase Soul Gems, but make sure they are filled.

Archived