The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Best exploit is having full pickpocketing and paying an individual to boost one of your skills, then just steal the money back.21355pw.gif

Another odd one happens if you have a follower that can train you. You ask for their help, then you just check their inventory and ask for your coins back. Very weird oversight by the developers on that one.

Did anyone else find Pick-pocketing really easy to level? 'Cause mines at 100 and the next highest stat is my Archery which is at 69.

I find that most of the non-combat stats are really easy to level. My smithing and enchanting are both 100, they were very very easy.

Did anyone else find Pick-pocketing really easy to level? 'Cause mines at 100 and the next highest stat is my Archery which is at 69.

How often do you Pick-Pocket? I never really do it a lot because usually I get caught even though my Sneak is in the 90's.

The only thing I have that is 100 is Archery at the moment. I don't have the patience to exploit the hell out of the Smithing and Enchanting. I made Iron Daggers for like 10 minutes and got bored.

How often do you Pick-Pocket? I never really do it a lot because usually I get caught even though my Sneak is in the 90's.

The only thing I have that is 100 is Archery at the moment. I don't have the patience to exploit the hell out of the Smithing and Enchanting. I made Iron Daggers for like 10 minutes and got bored.

Don't do it all at once but after quests go and use some hide you hunted to make hide bracers or helmets then sell them, but don't just spam it all at once it grows very fast if you just do it normally after missions. I end up usually making 5-10 or more everytime depending on how many pelts I collected and it raises at a good rate.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this.

Skyrim was awarded GOTY at the VGA on Spike last weekend.

There was no doubt in me that it would win, I even said to myself, "the day an Elder Scrolls game doesn't win goty is the day I stop playing video games." (Because Morrowind and Oblivion won goty upon their releases as well.)

^anyone?

i mad a Nord and i'm playing on expert

I would just say to pick whatever race gives you the bonus' you want.

I picked a Wood Elf, as I love Archery...and I like to Sneak.

Magic in one hand and Sword in the other sounds good, but you are going to need lots of Magicka. That and to get all the Destruction perks to make it so you use less Magicka. You're going to be doing a lot of running backwards without a shield to avoid incoming attacks.

I've never tried Expert, I just played on the difficulty it started on. Which is Normal I'm guessing.

I went with Imperial. A lot of the Nords you run into give you crap for it, but it's otherwise fine. Based on what you suggested you wanted, it might fit your skill set requirements.

The easiest system, especially to begin with, would be a sword shield combo. I started with that, but when I realized how rarely I blocked, and the fact that I was always wearing light armour, I dropped the notion and just started dual wielding swords. That itself is really only effective if you have enough stamina, because you have to repeatedly stun them with heavy attacks or they will just counter and rip you apart.

I've heard a few people talk about how useless they think dual wielding is, but it's really not. Properly utilized it's quite effective (to go into the tactics of it all would take a while, so I'll leave it at that.) Just carry a backup shield and bow along with and you're fine.

Also, if you're dual wielding, it gives you a good opportunity to conjure a bound sword. This may also sound useless, but again, it's not. The first time I used it was out of necessity, but when I saw how bad ass it looked, I kept using it for fun. Then my conjuration skill just skyrocketed. It's something I only started using fairly recently, (and pretty infrequently even then), but my conjuration is now 78. Somehow my second strongest skill. Despite using nearly nothing but one-handed swords to attack for the entirety of the game thus far, I could turn around and become a master necromancer with no discernible change in overall battle effectiveness if I wanted. It's a nice option, lol.

I would just say to pick whatever race gives you the bonus' you want.

I picked a Wood Elf, as I love Archery...and I like to Sneak.

Magic in one hand and Sword in the other sounds good, but you are going to need lots of Magicka. That and to get all the Destruction perks to make it so you use less Magicka. You're going to be doing a lot of running backwards without a shield to avoid incoming attacks.

I've never tried Expert, I just played on the difficulty it started on. Which is Normal I'm guessing.

yea i did some reading and im going to make a heavy armour sword and shield nord for my first character

kind of playing like a roman soldier would which i've always enjoyed

my 2nd and 3rd guys will be a pure mage and a stealthy archer/assasin

i attacked a chicken in riverwood and almost got my ass r*ped laugh.gif

I had to make a conscious effort to do some of the actual quests - kept getting distracted with hunting, mining, and clearing out dungeons.

Dont most dungeons have a quest attached to them if you look around enough? I started off just randomly roaming the countryside and doing whatever I came upon but that was a bit too random. I restarted from scratch with a new char and found it much better to get the quests first.

Is there a way of making your own arrows? Or do I have to rely on merchants and loot? Seems kinda silly that you can make your own armor and weapons, but not a simple arrow when all you need is some wood, feathers, and whatever material you want your arrowhead made out of...

And yes, I know the "plant your desired arrow and collect infinite arrows" trick...I did that successfully in the thieves guild. :)

Archived