The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Captain Bob

I feel ripped off. I went to the Whitecaps game last night. Both me and my buddy brought our 3DSs, he tagged someone but I didn't. I think there must be a 5 or 10 second window for the 2 units to talk. He probably tagged and by the time they had exchanged info, the other guy was too far away for me to tag.

How do you like the 3DS so far? Is the 3d fun? I haven't tried one out yet. Best game?

How do you like the 3DS so far? Is the 3d fun? I haven't tried one out yet. Best game?

I really like Street Fighter, then again I used to play SF2 non stop on my Super Nintendo when it first came out.

The 3D is really well done, but you have to bee looking at it right on. If you are off by a few degrees the screen gets distorted. I find keeping it steady playing SF is difficult because it's one of those games you get your arms into :)

I feel ripped off. I went to the Whitecaps game last night. Both me and my buddy brought our 3DSs, he tagged someone but I didn't. I think there must be a 5 or 10 second window for the 2 units to talk. He probably tagged and by the time they had exchanged info, the other guy was too far away for me to tag.

Yeah I read about that kind of situation happening :( I took my 3DS to the Canucks game last week but got nobody. I guess people only bring their 3DSs to Whitecaps games lol.

I took it to Metrotown last Friday and got ten tags, two of which were people I had tagged before. There's a Streetpass/portable gaming group that meets in the food court on Fridays, so that accounts for some of the tags I got.

Like Lager Hog said, you have to be looking straight at it to see the 3D properly. It's pretty cool as long as you don't move around too much, although some games have better 3D than others. I only have Nintendogs + Cats and Street Fighter IV right now, SFIV seems to be considered one of the best games right now. I love it's Streetpass content too :) I've tried Pilotwings Resort, it's fun but I hear it's a short game. Lots of people seem to like Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Samurai Warriors Choronicles, and Ridge Racer 3D.

Yeah I read about that kind of situation happening :( I took my 3DS to the Canucks game last week but got nobody. I guess people only bring their 3DSs to Whitecaps games lol.

I took it to Metrotown last Friday and got ten tags, two of which were people I had tagged before. There's a Streetpass/portable gaming group that meets in the food court on Fridays, so that accounts for some of the tags I got.

Oh wow! 10 in a day? Lucky guy. What Canucks game where you at? I was at game 2 and brought it, but didn't tag anyone. I was in section 325.

Oh wow! 10 in a day? Lucky guy. What Canucks game where you at? I was at game 2 and brought it, but didn't tag anyone. I was in section 325.

Probably would have had more if I had entered and exited the Mii Plaza to clear it, you can only have a max of ten :( And I'm not a guy btw :)

I was at Game 1, I'm surprised I didn't even tag anybody on the Canada Line :/

Probably would have had more if I had entered and exited the Mii Plaza to clear it, you can only have a max of ten :( And I'm not a guy btw :)

I was at Game 1, I'm surprised I didn't even tag anybody on the Canada Line :/

My apologies for assuming ;)

I have to go pick my friend up from the ferries today. Here's hoping that I tag someone coming off the ferry while I am waiting in the area for him.

My apologies for assuming ;)

I have to go pick my friend up from the ferries today. Here's hoping that I tag someone coming off the ferry while I am waiting in the area for him.

No worries, it would be natural to assume as most women aren't as into NHL and video games as I am. In fact I think I'm more into both of those things than my boyfriend is :lol:

I tagged one person at Richmond Centre this evening, a girl whose Mii looked near identical to the default Mii you get when you start the Mii Maker. <_< Come on, at least attempt to personalize it! Unless she actually did look like that...

Any way I get get more info on this group ? I might try and head out next Friday I have off.

Any way I get get more info on this group ? I might try and head out next Friday I have off.

Vancouver Gamer's Group has a portable game meetup every Friday, their 3DS Streetpass meetup is only once a month it appears. There is StreetpassBC as well, seems to be more of a community page though, it doesn't look like they did any separate meetups.

Have you gotten many SSFIV Streetpass battles? I love it but I only had one before that day I went to Metrotown, where I had six! I guess all those Streepass group guys had that game. I've had six wins and two losses.

Vancouver Gamer's Group has a portable game meetup every Friday, their 3DS Streetpass meetup is only once a month it appears. There is StreetpassBC as well, seems to be more of a community page though, it doesn't look like they did any separate meetups.

Have you gotten many SSFIV Streetpass battles? I love it but I only had one before that day I went to Metrotown, where I had six! I guess all those Streepass group guys had that game. I've had six wins and two losses.

No, no SF street passes. How do they work ? Do you have to close the DS with that game running? Or do you just have to have the game in the DS at the home screen ?

Thanks for the info, I will try to check them out.

Edit: I've now joined Vancouver Gamer's Group

No, no SF street passes. How do they work ? Do you have to close the DS with that game running? Or do you just have to have the game in the DS at the home screen ?

Thanks for the info, I will try to check them out.

Edit: I've now joined Vancouver Gamer's Group

Just have to have the 3DS in sleep mode, it'll work even without the game in the slot. You have to create your Streepass team first though by going to Figure Collection.

Just have to have the 3DS in sleep mode, it'll work even without the game in the slot. You have to create your Streepass team first though by going to Figure Collection.

I'm pretty sure I've created my team. SO I guess the info saves to the SD card if you don't even need the game in the slot. That's pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure I've created my team. SO I guess the info saves to the SD card if you don't even need the game in the slot. That's pretty cool.

probably saves to the internal memory and notes it in the street pass config.

What are these 'tags' people are talking about? What's the point of it?

There's 2 things you can do with them.

There's a RPG built into the console. Basically you tag people and then you use them to rescue your Mii. The more times you tag the person, the higher their level and the more powerful they are.

The other thing is the puzzle swap. There's 7 3D puzzles you need to complete. You can buy puzzle pieces or you can take one you don't have off someone else who has that piece (they don't lose their piece though). The way to buy them is to literally walk around with your DS. You get 1 coin for every 100 steps you take to a max of 10 coins a day. A puzzle piece costs 2 coins. Anyways, tagging these people helps you complete your puzzles, 7 in total.

But really, it's just fun to have it in your pocket and hope you walk by a complete stranger who has one too.

probably saves to the internal memory and notes it in the street pass config.

Yes it saves it to the memory, you can have up to twelve games enabled for Streetpass in that fashion. Which sounds like plenty, I'm sure by the time I actually have twelve games to use Streetpass for, I won't be interested in receiving Nintendogs Streetpass data anymore!

I'm at the last boss in Find Mii now, this is going to take a LOT of hired heroes...

Archived