The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

There hasn't been any hype around anything involving the Whitecaps. I've converted so many non-soccer fans into Whitecaps fans easily. The Caps need to get their name out there some more. TV ads, etc.

Agreed, this match vs Manchester should the talk of the town!

What did we get in return for dunfield?

Cash allocation + future considerations...

Lenarduzzi said that the future considerations part of the trade was the most important and they already have their eyes on a specific player from TFC.

The only Vancouver native on the Whitecaps roster, Dunfield has struggled lately and was considered likely to move due to a less than ideal working relationship with current Vancouver head coach Tom Soehn. Dunfield was brought in by former Whitecaps head coach Teitur Thordarson.

Read more: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/mls/story/toronto-fc-two-trades-terry-dunfield-ryan-johnson-fit-in-winters-system-071411#ixzz1S9JFyJAc

Dunfield has struggled lately? Umm... like he's the only one?

Pretty sad to see Dunfield go. :(

Yeah the whole team has struggled as far as getting W's, but they've been unlucky as well. Dunfield has definitely personally struggled. He has been giving the ball away a lot in his latest appearances, and that PK was just awful. If you don't have the confidence to hit it, then don't step up. It's a shame that he is a hometown guy and it didn't work out, but I can't say I've been happy with his performances lately, whereas a number of players I have been despite the team not winning games. Good luck at TFC Terry.

well the game will probably get cancelled today against real salt lake becasue we just put in real grass and now it is pouring and paul barber was just talking on global that the game is in jeapordy of being played. Hopefully they can play but if it puts the players in danger its better to just postpone the match to another day. Well at least the Lions are playing today.

This was supposed to be my first Whitecaps game. :( (Well, first one since they became an MLS team.)

I don't remember any of my soccer games being canceled because of rain!! (Yah, yah, I know, they're professionals, they could get injured.)

So much for the new grass pitch they were putting in, wow...

They'll do everything they can to fix the drainage issue by Monday. After that the grass will be gone.

This was supposed to be my first Whitecaps game. :( (Well, first one since they became an MLS team.)

I don't remember any of my soccer games being canceled because of rain!! (Yah, yah, I know, they're professionals, they could get injured.)

Well I"m guessing none of your games were played on a grass field covering artificial turf..