The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Caps are going to have to manage the bench carefully in Wednesdays match vs. TFC given they have the rained out 2nd leg of the NCC on the 2nd...

Personally I would be tempted to rest/not start Hasli, Camilo, etc for the league game to go in with fresh troops on the Saturday match. Would much rather stick it to TFC to take the Voyageurs Cup.

Man...rough start for a franchise. Do we need better talent? Better scouts?

Then again the old NASL Whitecaps went 5-11 it's first year. .500 in year two, and made the playoffs in year 3.

And of course won the Soccer Bowl (cringe at that name) in 1979.

Still hate to blame it on being unlucky, but a lot of it still is. They tie or lose every game by 1 goal. When's it going to turn around? They always seem to have enough chances to put 2 or 3 away and never do. :S

Going to the match tomorrow. Go Caps!

Frick Dunfield... Weakest penalty ever.

I would have let Camillo or Salgado take that..

Salgado had been sub'd out at the time IIRC

We seem completely unable to make the tape-to-tape passes (so to speak, no tape in soccer...), when we push forward every pass is overshot the forward by 15+ yards. Nobody in the middle settling us down and orchestrating the play. The absence of chiumiento hurts us for sure as did Jay's and Eric's absences, but if we fold everytime a forward, mid, or defender is out we'll never be competitive. Someone has to step up.

I like Khalfan a lot, i HATE Koffie

Salgado played well i thought. People keep talking about how well Ngabe is playing, but imagine how good Omar is going to be in 4 years when he's the same age as Ngabe is right now.

Of course he probably wont be with us by then, some european club will lure him away :'(

Who would those two be?

The Whitecaps 4 main strikers to start the season: Hassli (injured), Harris (injured - out indefinitely), Camilo (moved to midfield) and Salgado

Long Tan?

Please tell me you aren't expecting guys like Shea Salinas and Terry Dunfield to score a lot, are you?

Who would those two be?

The Whitecaps 4 main strikers to start the season: Hassli (injured), Harris (injured - out indefinitely), Camilo (moved to midfield) and Salgado

Long Tan?

Please tell me you aren't expecting guys like Shea Salinas and Terry Dunfield to score a lot, are you?

We dont expect dunfiled to launch bombs for the box

but we are expecting him to score on a penalty kick in freakin crunch time

Still hate to blame it on being unlucky, but a lot of it still is. They tie or lose every game by 1 goal. When's it going to turn around? They always seem to have enough chances to put 2 or 3 away and never do. :S

Going to the match tomorrow. Go Caps!

Uggghhh, exactly what I described above just happened again. It hurts. Dunfield, way to telegraph it buddy.