The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Osama Bin Laden Killed

Captain Bob

Guest Voucer

Hopefully the journalists present at the press conference (and other reporters, for that matter) will question the heck out of the US government's story. It all seems so poorly put together.

Guest Voucer

Or the media, as usual, has been talking out their ass when all the facts aren't on the ground.

I don't see how they could lie about something like this and expect to get away with it. It would bite them in the ass soon enough. Sure, they can skew the details because no one can really prove otherwise but lying about him being dead.. the truth will ultimately come out.

He's dead. If he's not why wouldn't he release a tape to AL Jazzera today and say see America is full of lies and are evil.

What gain is there in having him be alive in secret?

I think the discrepancy is likely to be caused by uninformed 'informants' leaking info to the press. Johnny No-Nothing hears OBL resisted. He leaks that OBL fired back when in fact his resistance did not include a firefight.

My 2 cents.

Guest Voucer

I'm sure he's dead. I don't think that's the issue. Another question to ask is whether they did, in fact, kill him the way they say they did or if he may have died by some other means. Maybe there are underlying political motivates -- the Pakistani government's overwhelmingly obliviousness makes no sense; it might be a psychological attack on Al Qaeda. What's certain is that the US government is trying to conceal and distort the truth with some story they can't even keep consistent. The story they have told the public continues to change. Very basic, key events and details keep changing day to day.

Yesterday, Brennan was adamant the Pakistani government had not been involved at all in the operation. Today, President Obama stated they had been working with the Pakistani government, causing Jay Carney to have to explain to the reporters why the story had changed and correct. Carney, in a very hesitant manner, explained it was meant in a very "general" sense, in the sense that both the Pakistani government and US government were fighting Al Qaeda. The answer he gave seemed like complete bogus meant to erase any discrepancies between the two stories. They simply aren't telling the truth. Things are being said today that completely contradict what had been said yesterday. Other details seem to make no logical sense at all.

I would recommend keeping a close eye on this. I don't know what the Obama Administration is thinking at this point right now trying to pull off this stunt.

I'd also not take for granted what CNN reports. They completely ignored any flaws in the story and preached what the White House had said as the truth without any further questioning; unlike their aggressive journalism to expose the Japanese government's statements during the Japan Earthquake Crisis as false, they aren't putting any effort into investigating the issue. Perhaps they want to appeal to their audience in the US by keeping optimistic. Unlike the journalists attending the press briefings, however, they have no questions to ask and no analysts to review what has been said thus far.

If bin Laden was not armed, they could have taken him alive. He should have had a proper trial like every other criminal. Even the Israelis made sure that leading Nazis like Eichmann received a trial in accordance with their constitution. It still makes me think that the U.S. has something to hide that Osama could have said in front of a judge. I have no clue what it may be, I am not even implying that it has something to do with 9/11, but they made sure to kill him not because of revenge or other feelings, but because of political calculations. It's not the fear of new terrorist attacks. A dead bin Laden may inspire just as many extremists to new attacks as a living bin Laden may cause extremists to try and set him free, for example by kidnapping U.S. citizens. Let's not forget that bin Laden was trained by the United States for the first war in Afghanistan against the soviets. He would have talked about that for sure...

If bin Laden was not armed, they could have taken him alive. He should have had a proper trial like every other criminal. Even the Israelis made sure that leading Nazis like Eichmann received a trial in accordance with their constitution. It still makes me think that the U.S. has something to hide that Osama could have said in front of a judge. I have no clue what it may be, I am not even implying that it has something to do with 9/11, but they made sure to kill him not because of revenge or other feelings, but because of political calculations. It's not the fear of new terrorist attacks. A dead bin Laden may inspire just as many extremists to new attacks as a living bin Laden may cause extremists to try and set him free, for example by kidnapping U.S. citizens. Let's not forget that bin Laden was trained by the United States for the first war in Afghanistan against the soviets. He would have talked about that for sure...

I'm sure he's dead. I don't think that's the issue. Another question to ask is whether they did, in fact, kill him the way they say they did or if he may have died by some other means. Maybe there are underlying political motivates -- the Pakistani government's overwhelmingly obliviousness makes no sense; it might be a psychological attack on Al Qaeda. What's certain is that the US government is trying to conceal and distort the truth with some story they can't even keep consistent. The story they have told the public continues to change. Very basic, key events and details keep changing day to day.

Yesterday, Brennan was adamant the Pakistani government had not been involved at all in the operation. Today, President Obama stated they had been working with the Pakistani government, causing Jay Carney to have to explain to the reporters why the story had changed and correct. Carney, in a very hesitant manner, explained it was meant in a very "general" sense, in the sense that both the Pakistani government and US government were fighting Al Qaeda. The answer he gave seemed like complete bogus meant to erase any discrepancies between the two stories. They simply aren't telling the truth. Things are being said today that completely contradict what had been said yesterday. Other details seem to make no logical sense at all.

I would recommend keeping a close eye on this. I don't know what the Obama Administration is thinking at this point right now trying to pull off this stunt.

I'd also not take for granted what CNN reports. They completely ignored any flaws in the story and preached what the White House had said as the truth without any further questioning; unlike their aggressive journalism to expose the Japanese government's statements during the Japan Earthquake Crisis as false, they aren't putting any effort into investigating the issue. Perhaps they want to appeal to their audience in the US by keeping optimistic. Unlike the journalists attending the press briefings, however, they have no questions to ask and no analysts to review what has been said thus far.

Guest Voucer

I think the discrepancy is likely to be caused by uninformed 'informants' leaking info to the press. Johnny No-Nothing hears OBL resisted. He leaks that OBL fired back when in fact his resistance did not include a firefight.

My 2 cents.

Archived