The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

Every year this happens. The new game comes out and everybody bitches and moans (me included).

As I said last year when NHL 11 came out, they are making it more and more realistic every year.

Hitting:

Its more realistic now when you skate by someone and try to hit them it actually puts them off balance. How many times did I try to hit someone in NHL 11 and the player just skates by without doing anything? This feature is fine when playing the computer, but its going to be very tough to deal with when playing people online. Everybody is going to have to step it up when it comes to deking and passing.

Shooting:

Noticed a weird delay when taking a slap shot. Made a nice play from the side of the net and the player skating by just tipped it in. I think we will see more realistic stuff like this. Plus players go down on one knee for epic one-timers.

Speed:

I always feel like its slower than the previous year, but we all get used to it. I thought they ruined alot of the fluidity of the dekes last year, and now it is annoying to slow down on the toe drag. But once again, thats to stop players from using it all the time, and make it realistic.

Gameplay:

Alot better. Computer players are alot smarter. I will have alot of fun playing be a pro this year and setting up peeps for beautiful goals.

EASHL:

I'm looking to start a team. I'm a playmaking left winger. Msg me if you are interested and I will compile a list of interested players...

The skating animation is downright terrible. Especially with a closer camera like BAP. It's really bad. You can literally see where the animation resets and does the same think.

The player skating reminds of a loading screen.

One thing that bugs me is why the heck is there no replays in the demos? Last year it was like this. How much memory does that even take? I want to be able to look at my hit after I deliver it. Everything that happens is erased....you have to wait until your done and HOPEFULLY it will be in the highlights at the end.

I've already done all there is in the demo too. A+ across the board in Be a Pro, kicked Boston's ass numerous times in Play Now, I even beat Vancouver a bunch of times as Boston, and I beat the HUT tournament my first try. Played Superstar around 5 times and haven't lost. It was a little difficult at times though and actually seems harder than NHL 11. Last year it took me a few tries to beat HUT in the demo.

One thing I've noticed is that you actually skate pretty fast by the defender if you are a fast guy. Same as when you press the puck forward you fly by him. The guy doesn't skate backwards as fast as you do forwards.

Also, when you hold the deke to the side....you slow down a lot, but it's easy to avoid it as you can just hold down Protect Puck and you'll still go fast.

Is it me or the game is a little laggy. and the crowd are hella loud. and the pa announcer sounds like your really at the arena. But there are a few stuff to worked on.

i Knocked out chara with Hansen. But he cant knock out Marchand?

i give THE DEMO 8/10

Hopefully the Real Game will be better

Archived