The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official NHL 12 Thread.

BoKnowsHockey

It sucks.

Seriously though, it's a big change. Everything feels more realistic IMO. The skating was definitely revamped, even though they didn't say anything. There are less massive hits other than going over the boards into the bench. Shot releases seem more realistic. It seems to me like it'll be tougher to dangle through everyone. If you hold the puck out the the side like you're winding up for a shot or going to toe drag around someone, you'll slow down instead of gliding at the same speed like before... more thoughts to come later..

Full Canuck Overalls

D. Sedin 91

H. Sedin 91

A. Burrows 83

C. Higgins 82

R. Kesler 88

M. Samuelsson 83

M. Raymond 83

M. Malhotra 82

R. Torres 81

T. Glass 79

M. Lapierre 81

J. Hansen 81

J. Tambellini 79

V. Oreskovich 74

C. Hodgson 77

D. Hamhuis 82

K. Bieksa 82

S. Salo 80

A. Edler 83

K. Ballard 82

A. Alberts 80

A. Rome 79

C. Tanev 74

R. Luongo 90

C. Schneider 83

Only played a game so far, but based on that the gameplay alone in NHL 12 is not really a big step forward in my opinion, some tweaks are done great while others seem to be a bit restricting. They've eliminated every second hit being a monster which is good, but they've also eliminated a lot of the fluid motion that I really loved in NHL 11. The whole game feels darker and less vibrant, probably more realistic but less visually pleasing to me. It's awesome that the goalies are live, but now after the whistle you can cross check them to the ice without getting a penalty which I find dumb and think will be annoying on XBL having to put up with opposing teams destroy Luongo and Vokoun without recourse. They've improved the goal scoring celebration camera angles and video scenes which feels very authentic which was nice. Also, the toe drags still work against the CPU lol but they've overdone a minor tweak again IMO which will make it much less effective on XBL. Finally, the glitch still exists where if you wind up for a slap shot and then slide to change the angle the goalie doesn't really correct himself very well and is often out of position.

I really love the addition of the CPU anticipating a breakout and starting to skate up ice. EA has also done a great job of revamping the goalies by not allowing every shot to stick to them like a magnet, there's now a lot more rebounds and they seem very realistic to me.

All in all, more realism but the same fluidity and less visual "sexyness" which could either be good or bad depending on your tastes.

Only played a game so far, but based on that the gameplay alone in NHL 12 is not really a big step forward in my opinion, some tweaks are done great while others seem to be a bit restricting. They've eliminated every second hit being a monster which is good, but they've also eliminated a lot of the fluid motion that I really loved in NHL 11. The

whole game feels darker and less vibrant, probably more realistic but less visually pleasing to me. It's awesome that

the goalies are live, but now after the whistle you can cross

check them to the ice without getting a penalty which I find

dumb and think will be annoying on XBL having to put up

with opposing teams destroy Luongo and Vokoun without

recourse. They've improved the goal scoring celebration

camera angles and video scenes which feels very authentic

which was nice. Also, the toe drags still work against the

CPU lol but they've overdone a minor tweak again IMO

which will make it much less effective on XBL. Finally, the

glitch still exists where if you wind up for a slap shot and

then slide to change the angle the goalie doesn't really

correct himself very well and is often out of position

I really love the addition of the CPU anticipating a breakout and starting to skate up ice. EA has also done a great job of revamping the goalies by not allowing every shot to stick to them like a magnet, there's now a lot more rebounds and they seem very realistic to me.

All in all, more realism but the same fluidity and less visual "sexyness" which could either be good or bad depending on your tastes.

Maybe try searching throughout the "genres" in sports that's where my friend and I found it on XBOX before it was in the demos.

It's not up there yet. I just ended up downloading it on 360 :D

I just had my first fight, Luongo vs Savard. Luongo lost pretty bad :(

Archived