The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how does BC health care work?

!

so for the past 5 years i've had health insurance from my university in ontario..but now that i've graduated and in need of some medication in vancouver i find myself having to pay a lot more than what i've had to pay in the past

one of these medications is nasonex (for allergies) but i recall having to pay only like $5 back in high school when i still had BC insurance...but now they're charging me like $50?

so the question is..how do i get insured? isn't it free or something ~_~

i have this card (for what it's worth)

carecard.gif

I have extended medical from my employer that covers a percentage of my prescription cost (80% I think). Typically, employer plans are valid for dependents as well. Is it possible your folks had a plan that you were getting the benefit of?

• 9 months later...

He did...He had a lot of knowledge...Everyone has an opinion, and yes sometimes it might be somewhat contrary to your own...but not everyone has a vast array of valuable knowledge.

Wetcoaster gave me a hard time on many occasions but I could still PM him for legal advice on any topic and he'd respond helping me out for the "love of the game" as pertains to law.

That's really cool imo..

Even in other topics aside from law, he was always there to contribute...Be it where to find a good sunset to take your lady in Victoria, or what is a good scotch...

Some one in contact with him should tell him he's missed. Even by the former tin foil hat guy (me).

He did...He had a lot of knowledge...Everyone has an opinion, and yes sometimes it might be somewhat contrary to your own...but not everyone has a vast array of valuable knowledge.

Wetcoaster gave me a hard time on many occasions but I could still PM him for legal advice on any topic and he'd respond helping me out for the "love of the game" as pertains to law.

That's really cool imo..

Even in other topics aside from law, he was always there to contribute...Be it where to find a good sunset to take your lady in Victoria, or what is a good scotch...

Some one in contact with him should tell him he's missed. Even by the former tin foil hat guy (me).

Archived