The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

You know of any better measuring spoon sets than this:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/spice-measuring-spoons-set-of-7

417jWCM9C%2BL._SY450_.jpg

Pros:

-It's a 7 piece set (vs the normal 5) and includes the 1/8tsp and 1/2tbsp sizes that most don't.

-The skinny "head" and long handle are good for getting in to smaller containers.

-Engraved markings can't wear off.

-Flat handle/spoon for easy leveling.

-Appear to me of decent heavy gauge metal.

Cons:

-Can't seem to find specifics on what gauge the metal is...

-Not a fan of rings but I guess you can't have it all.

I also like the double ended and magnetic features of this set (but not the thin gauge metal and plastic and printed labels)

41eCZ9XRiHL._SX450_.jpg

Everything alright bro?

yeah, it's ok

You know of any better measuring spoon sets than this:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/spice-measuring-spoons-set-of-7

417jWCM9C%2BL._SY450_.jpg

Pros:

-It's a 7 piece set (vs the normal 5) and includes the 1/8tsp and 1/2tbsp sizes that most don't.

-The skinny "head" and long handle are good for getting in to smaller containers.

-Engraved markings can't wear off.

-Flat handle/spoon for easy leveling.

-Appear to me of decent heavy gauge metal.

Cons:

-Can't seem to find specifics on what gauge the metal is...

-Not a fan of rings but I guess you can't have it all.

I also like the double ended and magnetic features of this set (but not the thin gauge metal and plastic and printed labels)

41eCZ9XRiHL._SX450_.jpg

that chain ring can be removed easy-peasy, and they look good, I just have a set I got from Costco's Resturaunt supply, nice thick metal, and look similar to those. The magnetic ones are cool in theory, but I'm not sure how practical they would be.

Dear Avalanche,

Let's say you work the closing shift at a restaurant, you just pulled a 9 hour night and now now it's 3am. You're walking home, you have headphones in and all you want to do is get in home, to hit the sack. Suddenly, you look up and see a parked car and the passenger door is ajar. You double take and notice there is a an asian girl in the passenger seat. In the passenger seat with her is a fairly muscular guy, both are about the same age and it seems like the his hand on the door handle. However, judging by her facial expression and his position in the car seems as though he is holding her in the car against her will. Though is not at all a busy street, there are apartments on every corner. You could involve yourself and make sure the girl is safe. But in doing so you may endanger yourself. If you were to call for help most residents in earshot would be sleeping. Turning a blind eye would mean self preservation and being able be home safe to see your wife and daughter. But who knows what lies in the fate of the girl sitting in the car. I'm losing sleep over these very questions. This is dead serious.

What would you do???

Dear Avalanche,

Let's say you work the closing shift at a restaurant, you just pulled a 9 hour night and now now it's 3am. You're walking home, you have headphones in and all you want to do is get in home, to hit the sack. Suddenly, you look up and see a parked car and the passenger door is ajar. You double take and notice there is a an asian girl in the passenger seat. In the passenger seat with her is a fairly muscular guy, both are about the same age and it seems like the his hand on the door handle. However, judging by her facial expression and his position in the car seems as though he is holding her in the car against her will. Though is not at all a busy street, there are apartments on every corner. You could involve yourself and make sure the girl is safe. But in doing so you may endanger yourself. If you were to call for help most residents in earshot would be sleeping. Turning a blind eye would mean self preservation and being able be home safe to see your wife and daughter. But who knows what lies in the fate of the girl sitting in the car. I'm losing sleep over these very questions. This is dead serious.

What would you do???

knock on the window and ask if everything is ok. if she was being held against her will odds are good she'll scream for help or he'll let her go. either way you can figure out what's happening. i wouldn't be able to keep walking home if i didn't. if i felt she was in trouble i'd call 9-11 immediately and give them his license plate, car description, his description, and their location.

Oh wise avelanch, my significant other compared my new haircut and glasses to a tumor growing out of my head. What do I do? :(

tease him until he's ready to pop, then tell him to go take a cold shower cause you're "too tired", or you "have a headache"... you know, the usual woman stuff.

It wasn't a direct comparison :P. You asked me how someone could look attractive, despite having unattractive attire and I gave a hyperbole to make my point.

yeah, you need to choose your words more carefully.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the wise one is going to require a picture before commenting further.

meh, i know what she looks like already, though i am curious to know if she cut it really short...

tease him until he's ready to pop, then tell him to go take a cold shower cause you're "too tired", or you "have a headache"... you know, the usual woman stuff.

yeah, you need to choose your words more carefully.

meh, i know what she looks like already, though i am curious to know if she cut it really short...

It's not man short. To halfway down her cheeks

Archived