The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

i'm a BVB09 supporter for sure but we got beat by the better team today. weidenfeller kept us in the game for sure.

The time of possession certainly bears this out, but early on, it looked the opposite. Dortmund could have been up by a couple before Bayern even had a sniff, if not for the play of Neuer in the first 20....

It seems like I'm in the minority, but I was glad to see Bayern win. Last year's loss to Chelsea was especially painful, since I am a Spurs supporter. Also, as a fan of Dutch football at the international level, it was nice to see some redemption for AR (even though some here may not agree B) )

Every major final involving a team I support:

Canucks lose to Bruins - Game 7

Celtic lose to Porto - Extra time in the UEFA Cup Final

Dortmund lose tonight

I'm cursed.

wasn't alive, but Atletico lost their only Europe Cup final in a similar way in 1974

Bayern tied in the last minute of OT and won 4-0 in the replay

I have always been told about that and it still hurts

so I can feel you :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Isco to Real Madrid :(

Sorry bud but I am delighted with this.....I had a horrible feeling he would end up at Citeh. That at Thiago coming to United has made the last couple of days rather enjoyable...........now, on to either Bale or Ronaldo. Hoping to God its Ronaldo coming home!!!! #VivaRonaldo

Sorry bud but I am delighted with this.....I had a horrible feeling he would end up at Citeh. That at Thiago coming to United has made the last couple of days rather enjoyable...........now, on to either Bale or Ronaldo. Hoping to God its Ronaldo coming home!!!! #VivaRonaldo

Would love to see Ronaldo back to Manchester, but can't see that happening. He needs to win the Champions League here.