The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 hour ago, otherwise said:

Martin Demichelis has been charge with violating FA rule E8 which is about betting. The MEN are reporting it doesn't have anything to do with City Matches but it makes you wonder. A leading rumour is that it is about Pep coming to City, that he leaked the news and forced City to make an announcement.

I mean the the derby alone I think is more than suspicious.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I mean the the derby alone I think is more than suspicious.

It's to do with Jan 22-28.

27 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Really hope this doesn't affect his playing time for the rest of the season :(

Would love to see City drop out of the top 4

I really do.  I would love to have Jason Denayer back on some kind technicality. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

The Xhaka signing makes to much sender for Wenger to do, so it probably won't happen.

Lol probably.

My wishlist is this:

Xhaka (or Krychowiak)

Mahrez

Lacazette

Those three in the lineup makes us legit.  

What will probably happen:

Diaby back on a free

obscure French project player joining us

Ten U-18 signings.

• Upvote 4

My wishlist for United is:

Ousmane Dembele

Mahrez

Maksimovic or Koulibaly

Saul Niguez or Andre Gomes

Ibra or Lukaku

what will probably happen:

Mourinho won't come

Get Renato Sanches for £50M

Blind will still play CB 

Martial gets fed up and hands in a transfer request.

Also, sounds like City are close to getting Ter Stegen.

Wishlist:

Michy Batshuayi

Mateo Kovacic

Andriy Yarmolenko

Mahmoud Dahoud

Onomah and Pritchard become Poch's latest gifts to England

What will probably happen:

Moussa Dembele

Tom Carroll continues to play for us

Levy spends the entire window attempting to sign "cut-price" Berahino

We sign some random English talent who immediately steps in to the first team

Onomah and Pritchard become Poch's latest gifts to England

Well that's not so bad

Edited by Kazmanian Devil
  • Upvote 1

Udinese fan so I guess her I go.

Wishlist.

-make toto di natale 7 years younger

- Marco Fabian or Lozano

-Bring in a half decent CB

What will happen

- Toto gets a year older and puts off retirement for another year.

-We sell scuffet in a 50/50.share type deal with como. Means we  only get half the profit when he sells for 30 million to Sevilla or something.

- signs some random young South American who either  becomes the next Alexis or sucks a$$.

also a gooner fan

wishlist

xhaka

Romangoli

Ibra

what will happen

Bring back Eduardo

yea. 

Then we get knocked out of champions league in the round of 16 and finish third in the league 

Edited by ReggieBush

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Wishlist.

- Marco Fabian or Lozano

What will happen

-We sell scuffet in a 50/50.share type deal with como. Means we  only get half the profit when he sells for 30 million to Sevilla or something.

- signs some random young South American who either  becomes the next Alexis or sucks a$$.

also a gooner fan

wishlist

xhaka

Romangoli

Ibra

what will happen

Bring back Eduardo

yea. 

Then we get knocked out of champions league in the round of 16 and finish third in the league 

A fan of Italy and a Gooner.  This is a good man.  

Romagnoli would be an amazing buy but doubtful Milan sells.  Apparently, Wenger really likes Rugani from Juve (or vice-versa, I can't remember) but again, doubtful they sell and doubtful he'd play more than Gabriel/Mertesacker if bought, unfortunately.

At this point, the only Gunner I'd bring back from the 06-12 years is Vela so that he could patrol the right side.  But he too has faltered in recent times.

9 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Xhaka would be a class signing.

Still reckon an upgrade on Giroud is the most important thing to add though.

blasphemy for some, but i think the real upgrade Arsenal need is in management

28 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Wishlist.

- Marco Fabian or Lozano

What will happen

also a gooner fan

wishlist

xhaka

Romangoli

Ibra

what will happen

Bring back Eduardo

yea. 

I say 5th or 6th since Wenger gotta average out 4 somehow.

Seriously though 3rd place would be a very good way to end Wenger's career at Arsenal if he stays. Chelsea will be back, LFC will be pushing for top 4, The 2 manchester clubs will buy a lot of quality players and probably both have world class managers. Not to mention Spurs and maybe Leicester IF they keep both Vardy and Mahrez. West Ham as well will be looking to add a couple players and with the new stadium and tv deal they can afford it.  If you think this year was crazy, next year will be more of the same.

2 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

blasphemy for some, but i think the real upgrade Arsenal need is in management

I think that's fair to say too.  It's just there's this whole Fergie mentality at the club and its all about finding the right replacement. I think Pep was the guy they really wanted but in January before Pep announced City, Arsenal was still 1st and there wasn't any indication they were going to play a bad 2 months, so the Wenger In crowd was plenty and the divide much smaller.  The owners and club will back Wenger until the day all fans turn against him.  And that's really a day that won't happen, IMO (unless he gets the club relegated or something lol).  Wenger stays until he wants and while the club may be suffering, he's earned that privilege.

All signs do point to Henry as the eventual replacement but that would be a mistake.  I'd rather him coach elsewhere and get experience before being handed this.  It's weird though, I really don't have a preferred choice.  I could say Simeone or Allegri but there's no way in hell they leave their teams.  A bunch of other guys just don't seem fit for the job either.  A year ago, we had Klopp and Guardiola lined-up as potential replacements.  Now virtually nothing.

Actually, maybe new free-agent Remi Garde?

Has the Arsenal connection, did fairly well at Lyon, and could be a link to bring in Lacazette or Fekir.  I can't tell if his tactics are similar to what Arsenal does now but Villa looked "better" under him than Sherwood.

On that topic, yeah, he had a horrible Villa spell but it's Aston Villa.  I don't think anybody could have fixed that team and really, I think the only reason he took that was because of Villa's history.  Imagine being the man to turn around Aston Villa after the past few years they've had.

Pure spit-balling lol

7 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

My wishlist for United is:

Ousmane Dembele

Mahrez

Maksimovic or Koulibaly

Saul Niguez or Andre Gomes

Ibra or Lukaku

what will probably happen:

Mourinho won't come

Get Renato Sanches for £50M

Blind will still play CB 

Martial gets fed up and hands in a transfer request.

Also, sounds like City are close to getting Ter Stegen.

Marhez won't come and as good as the guy is. I don't want him since Martial, Depay, Januzai, and Lingard should be getting the most times on the wings come next year. Unless Rooney is gone and we plan on Marhez-Martial-Depay then no thanks on Marhez.

Either one of those CBs sounds good with Smalling. 

Gomes seems more realistic imo.

I really want Lukalu/Kane instead of Ibra. We aren't in a position where we can risk a player who is already quite old, and never played a bpl game to carry us the league. Never mind FA cup/Capital 1 cup and europa/champions league. Youth>Experience at this point. Lukaku and Kane are proven, young, and most likely will be among 3-5years. Kane after this year with a decent euro performance gotta be 60+million. I think Lukaku would be around 40M and seems to have better work rate, pace, and strength.

Mourinho is a must this summer. Mata would have to leave in the summer if that would happen. I seriously doubt they would want to work with each other again. Which is fine since we have a couple players who could play there like Rooney, Januzai, Lingard, and I think missing someone else. 

The telegraph isn't reliable so Ter Stegen isn't going to city yet. Besides Joe Hart is a top10keeper and is far the problem in man city. A Kompany replacement or a healthy Kompany is much more of need. A couple better full backs and a CDM would much help the defense as well.

Edited by milk and honey

10 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Marhez won't come and as good as the guy is. I don't want him since Martial, Depay, Januzai, and Lingard should be getting the most times on the wings come next year. Unless Rooney is gone and we plan on Marhez-Martial-Depay then no thanks on Marhez.

I really want Lukalu/Kane instead of Ibra. We aren't in a position where we can risk a player who is already quite old, and never played a bpl game to carry us the league. Never mind FA cup/Capital 1 cup and europa/champions league. Youth>Experience at this point. Lukaku and Kane are proven, young, and most likely will be among 3-5years. Kane after this year with a decent euro performance gotta be 60+million. I think Lukaku would be around 40M and seems to have better work rate, pace, and strength.

Mourinho is a must this summer. Mata would have to leave in the summer if that would happen. I seriously doubt they would want to work with each other again. Which is fine since we have a couple players who could play there like Rooney, Januzai, Lingard, and I think missing someone else. 

The telegraph isn't reliable so Ter Stegen isn't going to city yet. Besides Joe Hart is a top10keeper and is far the problem in man city. A Kompany replacement or a healthy Kompany is much more of need. A couple better full backs and a CDM would much help the defense as well.

Why would Kane move to a smaller club to be benched by Rooney

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Lingard should be no more than a squad player next season, we have been crying out for a good right sided winger/midfielder for ages and Mahrez looks class and if we got Dembele I think he would be too young to consistently start on the right and I wouldn't want to risk burning him out ala Martial.

Kane will not be coming here anytime soon plus Levy would fleece us in any deal and why would he sell. Ibra would most likely only be here for one season and be gone to MLS, he's never had any major injuries, he's the perfect type of player for the Prem. It would be a dream signing for me at least.

Mourinho is our most important summer signing if/when we get him. Mata can leave that's fine by mine he's been bang average for most of his time with us and he isn't quick enough to play the number 10 role. Personally would loan Januzaj to a mid table club like a Watford, WBA, or Stoke. Let him get some regular first team action.

Hart is not a top 10 keeper, he's about as avergage as you can get. I agree, basically the entire City back line probably needs an overhaul along with the midfield. They aren't getting any younger. Pep has real challenge in front of him, he's not going to be able to dominate the league like he did with Bayern and Barca with that City squad. If they don't get some decent reinforcements in the summer I could see them not in the top 4 next year.