The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bettmans revenge, Budweiser

Sonar64

There's no snobbery to it, it's just asking for a little variety. Do you only eat at McDonald's? do you only want compact cars to drive? if you go into a liquor store and they have 500 different wines to choose from, no body bats an eyelash. But walk into a liquor store and see if they have more 10 beers that don't fall into the macro-lager category and you get looked at sideways. Thankfully people are beginning to change that and restaurants are putting as much efforts into their beer lists as much as their wine lists. Mind you, We beer nerds are a passionate bunch and are rather vocal about our obsession with it. We want beer to be made the way it used to be...

and as far as being "elegantly wasted", I can't remember the last time I got hammered.... and now I have that INXS song stuck in my head. thanks....

to say that beer is just beer and call everyone idiots is dismissive. That's like saying pasta is pasta and then eating nothing but Kraft Dinner.

Ha ha, no I do agree with you about variety. But if someone hands you a beer and you say something like, "Oh no I only Fierkengarden". At the end of the day it's water, barely, and hops, with a bit of fermentation. To pretend it's some high end product or something is funny to me.

I'm Elegantly Wasted! :D

Kinda.... it's the use of Corn (usually a 70% Barley to 30% Dextrose) because Corn is cheap and barley is expensive... and that's what I can't stand with a lot of those guys... Budweiser/Kokanee/Coors/Canadian/etc. even a lot of the imported Green beers use some amount of corn.

but I know what you mean man. I try to be as apologetic as possible if someone offers me a beer I don't like, because I always appreciate the gesture... even if it is a Cariboo....

I just want to take a moment and say how amazing it is that such a ridiculous original post turned into a fascinating discussion on beer varieties. Especially here on CDC. Quite refreshing.

I just started learning stove top brewing last year and can already tell its the kind of thing I'll always need to improve upon. So many possibilities. Incidentally, I have a German friend in Berlin who is actually getting a university degree in beer brewing. They take it really seriously over there. Far as I know, there's no equivalent to that level of craftsmanship here in Canada (not to say there aren't any good beers, just that I haven't heard of anyone studying for 3 or 4 years in advance).

I just want to take a moment and say how amazing it is that such a ridiculous original post turned into a fascinating discussion on beer varieties. Especially here on CDC. Quite refreshing.

I just started learning stove top brewing last year and can already tell its the kind of thing I'll always need to improve upon. So many possibilities. Incidentally, I have a German friend in Berlin who is actually getting a university degree in beer brewing. They take it really seriously over there. Far as I know, there's no equivalent to that level of craftsmanship here in Canada (not to say there aren't any good beers, just that I haven't heard of anyone studying for 3 or 4 years in advance).

new sponsors every year...if this is league wide...great for the NHL. That must have been one hell of a sponsorship deal. If you drink beer, you will end up buying budweiser soon enough...you will then probably get to enjoy the taste and associate it with the Canucks. You will then go buy a budweiser to watch a game at home to simulate the game experience of Rogers Arena.

yup...basic consumer behaviour and product association. same with pepsi.

new sponsors every year...if this is league wide...great for the NHL. That must have been one hell of a sponsorship deal. If you drink beer, you will end up buying budweiser soon enough...you will then probably get to enjoy the taste and associate it with the Canucks. You will then go buy a budweiser to watch a game at home to simulate the game experience of Rogers Arena.

yup...basic consumer behaviour and product association. same with pepsi.

• 1 month later...

Archived