The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Occupy Vancouver Protesters

blitzkrieg66

i know i said i wouldn't be back...but then i reread this...and if i am interpreting it correctly...WTF!?!?

did you just say..they if you have an education, you would have a draft to see which job you would get!? if that is true..:picard:

so government decides what job you get? what if "you" get a crappy job..i can see you (the person who thought of this idea) once again complaining...

and doesnt this violate freedom? i wont tell you how ridiculous this idea is. a draft for jobs...good one.

a person with an english degree/education working as a mechanical engineer...AWESOME. (based on your "random draft")

maybe next time think these ideas through

Once again the rich and spoild make there views known, do I really care what you think? No. I was addressing all the people that read this thread but don't comment because of the bias shown and the way you attack anyone that disagrees with you. You deserve whats comming. To bad, so sad.

This is so laughable. I can understand why someone like you would be upset. That you could be a product of being a Canadian and British Columbian and be in your thirties is astonishing given the level of education, maturity, and thoughtfulness you have displayed time and time again. Canada is far from being a utopia but if we lived in such a place you would doubtful be any the wiser.

I saw what you posted before you finished and if you're going to try and play hero and defend him let me clarify my point of view.

I had no interest in posting here after incidents earlier on in the other thread. It's not a good use of time or energy to argue with people who have already made their minds up and ignore the facts.

I felt the urge to post because that poster not only displayed an incredible level of ignorance but also made veiled threats to everyone who opposed the Occupy Vancouver protests. Saying that we would get what's coming and at one point in the other thread wishing I was dead after I made a remark that would have been better left unsaid.

I'm not aware of the poster's personal disability if he has one and it made no impact in what I said. Forums like this provide a certain anonymity and we rarely are privy to people's personal status or health and even if he had it made it clear it's wrong to assume everyone would know.

The bottom line is not only to I disagree with his point of view but suggesting that people of different opinion to his own "has what's coming to them" is crossing the line and I'm sure must cross the guidelines in the rules of this forum.

If I intended to play hero, I wouldn't delete my post and would have a lot more to say.

Ignorance I can give you, but veiled threats? That's reaching. He's obviously saying by supporting status quo, people will reap the rewards. You know, what we have now: crappy, corrupt governments, wars, abuses of power, and so on. That's exactly what we deserve, too.

I didn't expect you to be aware of his disability, as I don't presume to know what threads you read. I was addressing someone who was there, though. Yes, this guy said he has a disability, even came up with a safe word that should let him know he's overboard.

I see you chose to remove your post however it was seen prior to being edited out.

A person posting on this board is still responsible for their words and their behavior here regardless of whether they're posting drunk, angry, have physical or mental issues, disabilities, have a language problem etc.

If someone is incapable of following the board rules as they are laid out, if they repeatedly ignore warnings by Admin or Super mods, then they are subject to the consequences.

This user has already received A LOT of latitude regarding the threats he has made to people, the personal attacks he repeatedly makes despite being warned and if he is incapable of following the board rules that EVERYONE ELSE here is subject to and must follow, then perhaps this is not a place he should be.

Damn it that was the problem. I forgot the safe word.

Anyways...yes people shouldn't be too hard on him but that also doesn't mean he should be given a longer leash than anyone else. That would only make it worse. His extreme views aren't totally off the mark in every case they're just extreme. The problem being it's hard to see the sunshine through the clouds in his case.

If I intended to play hero, I wouldn't delete my post and would have a lot more to say.

Ignorance I can give you, but veiled threats? That's reaching. He's obviously saying by supporting status quo, people will reap the rewards. You know, what we have now: crappy, corrupt governments, wars, abuses of power, and so on. That's exactly what we deserve, too.

I didn't expect you to be aware of his disability, as I don't presume to know what threads you read. I was addressing someone who was there, though. Yes, this guy said he has a disability, even came up with a safe word that should let him know he's overboard.

Then perhaps he should be suspended. There is absolutely no reason to continue with the crap of the last few days. None. It devolved into a populist "say sh!t about 77 and get an echo for the next two pages" and "haha, I also think he's stupid, ra ra ra". It's embarrassing.

Exactly.

So, your feelings are that he is free to dish it, to threaten, to belittle, to make personal attacks and the rest of CDC should be taking the high road, is that it?

As I've said previously, I've owned my responsibility for derailing the thread the other night yet the antagonist is free to post his garbage regarding other users, with impunity while nobody (in your book) is free to respond to it. Okaaaaay....

Archived