The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Occupy Vancouver Protesters

blitzkrieg66

Then perhaps he should be suspended. There is absolutely no reason to continue with the crap of the last few days. None. It devolved into a populist "say sh!t about 77 and get an echo for the next two pages" and "haha, I also think he's stupid, ra ra ra". It's embarrassing.

Can't believe I'm echoing Scorpio here, but I too think it's time we bring this back to the original discussion.

1.) OV meeting once a day 7pm VAG, no tent city - does it work or not?

2.) Dec 12 is supposedly "shut the ports down day" = similar to what Occupy Oakland did. Does that work, or would it alienate the Vancouver public more?

Can't believe I'm echoing Scorpio here, but I too think it's time we bring this back to the original discussion.

1.) OV meeting once a day 7pm VAG, no tent city - does it work or not?

2.) Dec 12 is supposedly "shut the ports down day" = similar to what Occupy Oakland did. Does that work, or would it alienate the Vancouver public more?

If they still have the support of unions, I think they should hold weekly protests with clear signs and keep the crazy dial set to low. A few weeks of consistent protesting with generally agreeable messages, and people's opinion will start to turn around. As more people join, move to a more frequent protesting schedule. Build momentum, be heard. Continue as long as necessary.

If they still have the support of unions, I think they should hold weekly protests with clear signs and keep the crazy dial set to low. A few weeks of consistent protesting with generally agreeable messages, and people's opinion will start to turn around. As more people join, move to a more frequent protesting schedule. Build momentum, be heard. Continue as long as necessary.

I am not sure that the crazy dial can be set to low with OV.

Consider this proposal that passed at the Wednesday GA.

Proposal:

To help us in our decision making especially in situations of (?inaudible?). What we are facing here with this movement is collective karma, oppression, anger, greed. The only way to counter that, especially because we don't have weapons, our only real strength is truth, or love.
I propose that every time we start a GA we talk 3 minutes, in silence, to humble ourselves.

I noticed, looking in for a while, and a part-time participator that tensions get high and a lot of time people aren't thinking clearly. The best way to deal with this is to take a break and do self-care. It's been proposed since Day 1. We don't seem to have continue that. I've noticed that every time people sit down, take a minute, their next thought is pure and whole. There is no baggage due to emotion on the thought.

Amendment: Could we add that we do this whenever we feel the air is clouded?

Amendment not accepted.

I would like to start with the 3-minutes only.

Amendment: Have this after the announcements and before the proposals.

I have no preference.

Amendment: What about after the Statement of Unity?

Amendment accepted.

I think after the Statement of Unity is perfect. Thank you.

Tomorrow at 1pm they are starting Occupy Christy and Harper at the Science World when the Premier and PM make a public appearance.

They confirm again OV does not have leaders - we are all leaders.

Tomorrow at 3 pm a speaker. Michale Riordan:

A Canadian writer and documentary-maker for almost four decades, Michael generates books and articles, audio, video and film documentaries, and plays for radio and stage.

A primary goal of his work is to recover voices of people who have been silenced in the mainstream, including First Nations (aboriginal) youth, Mozambican farmers, inmates in Canadian prisons, traditional healers in Fiji, queer folk across Canada, Guatemalan labour activists, and now, peace-workers in Israel-Palestine.

Each of these voices adds an essential piece to the evolving human story, our collective work-in-progress. Together they challenge the high-volume monotone of the official version, and honour the chaotic diversity of life.

Michael’s previous book, An Unauthorized Biography of the World, explores similar recovery projects in several countries, including Israel and Palestine.

He also leads courses, workshops and seminars for community organizations, trade unions, schools, colleges and universities.

Michael lives with his partner in rural Canada.

http://www.mywaytofight.ca/about.shtml

Tonight's GA

b6c46e60-939d-4132-b9b6-da5b3472ac43_400.jpg

Archived