The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Occupy Vancouver Protesters

blitzkrieg66

You obviously do not get it. This is terrific. As one of the main boosters of OV has tweeted:

despite no tech & a cold, wet night, #OccupyVancouver GA functioning well w/great facilitation; perseverance in action!

by SashaWiley via twitter 8:13 PM

C'mon your eyes are fooling you... quit drinking the MMS propaganda kool aid. :P

And the Occupy Christy + Harper plan is to go ahead today at Science World...

HarperChristy.jpg

A large contingent from the Occupy Vancouver movement plans to picket Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Premier Christy Clark’s as they open Sciene (sic) World’s Regeneration project at 1 p.m. Friday.

Occupy Vancouver has been without a home since protesters were forced off the property at the Vancouver Art Gallery a week ago, and later Robson Square. They tried to relocate their tent encampment Tuesday night to Grandview Park on Commercial Drive, but were told to leave by area residents and Vancouver Park Board staff.

Occupy protesters have been meeting nightly at the Art Gallery, and have been adhering to court orders that prohibit them from pitching tents to stay overnight.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Occupy+protesters+picket+Christy+Clark+Stephen+Harper+Science+World/5767727/story.html#ixzz1ekJgoq3m

Press release:

MEDIA ADVISORY

Prime Minister and Premier to Attend Science World ReGeneration

Time: 12:45 p.m. PST (Photo opportunity – media arrive by 12 p.m.)

1 p.m. PST (Remarks)

Parking: Parking lot in front of Science World

On Friday November 25th, the Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper and Premier Christy Clark will participate in an event at Science World.

They will be joined by Science World President & CEO, Bryan Tisdall, and Science World Board Chair, Andrew Harries, in providing remarks.

Media are asked to arrive no later than 12 p.m.

Lindsay Marett / Michael Lowry

Peak Communicators

Not much of a protest thus far:

8eaew.jpg

Two more Occupy encampments have been removed today - Montreal and Edmonton.

Two more Occupy encampments have been dismantled after demonstrators were evicted from their protest positions in Montreal and in Edmonton Friday morning.

In Montreal, police moved in just before 9 a.m. to oust demonstrators who have been camping out in the downtown Victoria Square, near the Montreal Exchange, for more than a month.

Police sealed off streets around the square and told the protesters at 9:06 a.m. they had to disperse. Officers then immediately began dismantling tents and clearing debris from the site. While there were some verbal disputes and lots of shouting, the Occupy Montreal protesters did not resist.

In Edmonton, a pile of tents and debris mark the site where protesters had staged their demonstration for more than five weeks.

Demonstrators had been camping at a downtown lot at Jasper Avenue and 102nd Street since Oct. 15.

The evictions follow the removal of numerous other sites around the country, including Halifax, Ottawa and Vancouver.

Earlier this week, Toronto occupiers dismantled their camp, following negotiations with police. Occupiers peacefully dismantled their camp after negotiations, although some demonstrators pledged to occupy another part of the city.

Occupy Ottawa also was dismantled, but by force. Police removed two dozen protesters from Confederation Park, near Parliament Hill, early Wednesday, an action that was followed by a small protest. Eight people were arrested and one was injured.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/More+Occupy+camps+dismantled/5766622/story.html#ixzz1ekOV7dju

I hear ya BB....and I agree it was kinda funny and Wet's certainly not out of line or missing the mark by poiniting out the irony either.

I was just adding a comment in case other users 'not in the know' thought the OVers did this by design intentionally or unintentionally. You can never underestimate the lack of critical thought or connection to reality on CDC.

I've got nothing to hide. I'm negging you for adding nothing to the thread. Go back and look at your last dozen posts--all either smiley faces, being a mini mod, berating someone, etc... I've said nothing because I didn't want to perpetuate it, but sure if you want me to here it is.

While I think OV is no longer what it was meant to be and should disappear, your disdain for these people is laughable. Your quasi-witty use of 'ironing' is dumb. Your fawning after wetcoasters posts is pathetic. All this thread has become is a perverse retelling and ogling of every single move they make and mocking it all. Pretty easy, I guess it makes you feel good? Pretty pointless. There you go. -1.

PS. Feel free to jump all over me, pointing out I've said things that were off-topic. I've done it. But try not to just point at that and ignore the point if you can.

I gave you a minus, because you're clearly attacking BB, while trying to make it look like you're attacking her 'disdain'. In your entire post all you said about the topic on hand, hypocritically, is that you don't think OV is what it was meant to be.....no elaboration, no explanation, no suggestions, no points to discuss....no nothing......except a conduit for your next shot at her.

I get that you have some grudge against her, but instead of passive-aggressively giving her a minus, why don't you save it and instead give her what you think is your best opinion on what's being said.

By the way, how is 'ironing' "quasi-witty"?? It either is witty or it isn't. Being one that uses the term frequently, I find it rather witty. However, I didn't know that the term also held some other simultaneous aspect of wit when put forth in a moment of wittiness. What are its other quasi properties??

Or did you mean 'psuedo-witty'? As in for example, "I find your use of 'quasi-witty' to be an example of 'psuedo-intelluctal' faulure."

Please to be explain. Thank you.

Here is an excerpt from the policy of how the Occupy Vancouver Chatroom is run. It seems a rather odd version of freedom of expression.

Politics, candidates, ideologies, religion - those are things for irc or other topic related chatrooms not here. Such topics divide.

Participation in a chat is a privilege that should never be taken for granted, anyone disrespecting occupiers, mods or other supporters of OWS in any way may be permanently banned.

We need to be unified. This chat's all about solidarity so please remember that when you're talking.

Do not spam links repeatedly. We're alright with you posting relevant links, but repeated posting makes it hard for us to see the chat and most of all, we are the 99% and we love and support all of you. All we ask is that you stay supportive as well.

Freedom of expression just as long as it is in accord with our beliefs??? :lol::lol::lol:

So drink the OV Kool Aid and all is fine - have a differing view and hasta la vista baby.

Here is an excerpt from the policy of how the Occupy Vancouver Chatroom is run. It seems a rather odd version of freedom of expression.

Politics, candidates, ideologies, religion - those are things for irc or other topic related chatrooms not here. Such topics divide.

Participation in a chat is a privilege that should never be taken for granted, anyone disrespecting occupiers, mods or other supporters of OWS in any way may be permanently banned.

We need to be unified. This chat's all about solidarity so please remember that when you're talking.

Do not spam links repeatedly. We're alright with you posting relevant links, but repeated posting makes it hard for us to see the chat and most of all, we are the 99% and we love and support all of you. All we ask is that you stay supportive as well.

Freedom of expression just as long as it is in accord with our beliefs??? :lol::lol::lol:

So drink the OV Kool Aid and all is fine - have a differing view and hasta la vista baby.

Archived