The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you a Fake Fan?

Try Again

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm definitely not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be (working on that), but I know enough to keep up with a decent conversation. I've watched the games since I was a little girl, and my loyalty has always been with the Canucks.

towel.gif

Personally, I don't mind the people who jump on the Stanley Cup bandwagon, it's a fun atmosphere. It only becomes irritating if the person bashes the team every other time of the year, or claims to have a passion for them. With some, the Stanley Cup is just a nice excuse for a party.

I am not much of a fan to be honest. I have never watched any games live, allthough I am not going to rule it out if I win the lottery. When I go to the local skating rink in Denmark I am wearing my mid 90's Paul Kariya jersey from Anaheim. I mainly follow Canucks because of Jannik Hansen and now also Niklas Jensen. The force is strong in that young kid.

In fact I follow all of the teams that have danish players on board. Which is a good handfull at the moment. Not including Ottawa where Regin is constantly injured.

I actually did follow Nucks more in the 90's and early 00's when Näslund was one of the big stars.

Of course it is a little more fun to watch now that the team overall look supersolid and not very vulnerable to injuries. There is always a prospect that is ready to pick up the game. The future look bright for Nucks in my opinion, but of course I do not have the same knowledge about the team and prospects as the rest of you, so what do I know.

This is the kind of elitism that makes sports fans look bad. Super-inclusive and unaccepting of new fans.

It's very likely that we were all bandwagoners of sports teams at some point, until we started to get into it. You don't need to know the stats of the players or watch all the games to be a Canucks fan. People have lives outside the world of pro sports.

• 3 months later...

I've been watching nucks since 1999, man those 7-8 were one of worst times in this teams history. They were even considering moving them to another city. I stuck with them then not about to give now, but I do get mad when they don't make an effort to win, regardless I'll love this as long an I'm alive!

I've been a staunch supporter of the Nucks since the 70's. I've got most of the jerseys, I've spent my hard earned cash going to games even in the dark ages, I tried to be supportive of Dan Cloutier and I'm one of those clowns who has festooned his vehicle with 6 Canuck flags and one of those spinning "Go Canucks" gizmos.

I still believe now, as I did in the 70s, that we'll have our day.

The dead look in my eyes should show that I'm a true fan. A fan to the end.

Bandwagon fans make us all look bad at times.

I haven't been a fan as long as some of you might have but I wasn't born here, in fact, I was born half a world away and didn't know a THING about hockey but after me and my family moved to Vancouver back in 04, we have been fans of the team. Especially me and my brother.

Back over the weekend on sunday, my brother asked me if he thought we still had a chance to win and of course I said yes because well, I am a canucks fan and I still to believe. No matter the deficit. Been loving this team through the highs and lows over the past 6-7 years.

So no, I don't think I am qualified as a "fake fan", but I wouldn't speak for my brother, who after we lost on sunday, said we were done for and gave up on the team.

Archived