The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2012

GLASSJAW

that day would be great

unfortunately the other two days don't interest me half as much as the large, obnoxious crowd would annoy me. it would have to be free, or close to it, for me to consider that

i'm thinking about sasquatch this year though.

you guys ever been?

last year i decided to do my first major festival. coachella was during exams, lollapalooza looked dumb because the headliners were like coldplay and muse and stuff, and sasquatch didn't interest me because i don't like the foo fighters, or death cab, or most of those bands besides like deerhunter and modest mouse. so i did bonnaroo, which was cool.

if sasquatch had a good lineup i would love to go though, it's super close and the gorge looks so beautiful.

i'm on the fence about coachella. on one hand, i've already seen 8 of those bands, and i don't know if i'm ready for another huge corporation-run mess of thousands upon thousands of annoying people and third world living conditions and overpriced everything.

on the other hand, i've always wanted to drive to cali, my friend has family friends in Indio with a place we could stay before and after, and i love radiohead with the fury of a thousand suns. so we'll see.

I thought it was my turn, Glasjaw!!!

JK - I was "unavailable" (read: chillin in Jamaica), and just got back.

As for confirmed releases, I'm looking forward to these ones the most:

The xx

Animal Collective

Grizzly Bear

Andrew Bird

Field Music

The Magnetic Fields

The Shins

Sleigh Bells

The Walkmen

Yeasayer

Bruce Springsteen

No Doubt

There are few recent albums that I go back to as often as xx and Lisbon. And I've always had a soft spot for No Doubt.

I wasn't too excited for the new Lee Ranaldo album, considering his previous work has been weird, "avant garde" noise stuff.

But apparently his solo album is work he did with a few other musicians, including his Sonic Youth bandmate/drummer, and Wilco's lead guitarist Nels Cline.

It actually sounds like a typical Sonic Youth song, but with a bit of a country edge to it.

Really enjoying the first single a lot. Super psyched for the album now. I've always enjoyed Ranaldo's voice and "his" songs in Sonic Youth.

http://www.pitchfork.com/news/45088-new-lee-ranaldo-off-the-wall/

Archived