The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2012

GLASSJAW

i like those "what's in your bag" videos, yeah. i was in san francisco over the summer and had a chance to go to the ameoba records in the haight-ashbury area. it was amazing, but a bit overwhelming.

i'm definitely going to check out the stuff bradford was playing, lots of it seemed interesting and atlas sound-sounding. dude kinda wears his influences on his sleve i guess.

and i'm liking this trailer trash tracys song a lot, the xx thing is interesting, i feel like their albums are too easy to listen to, they just kinda float by without striking me very deep.

Man alive, Jason Lytle. What was the point of breaking up Grandaddy if your solo work is going to sound just like it?

Ha, it turns out Jason Lytle basically knew that he was Grandaddy and broke up the band so he wouldn't have to pay other members equally? "It was like dragging 4 girlfriends around with you' - Charming.

new Crystal Castles is out, if anyone is interested?

their "new" sound is just a mix of their old sound and what Salem was doing 3 years ago.

Salem + Balam Acab + Crystal Castles = new Crystal Castles album

I'm not sure if I like it or not. the vocals are good, but the beats and music are extremely underwhelming, and so obviously influenced by something that was already explored thoroughly, and arguably more impressively, just a few years ago.

Crystal Castles was never a band I got the appeal of. Alice Practice was a genuinely terrific track, and everything else irritates me. The new album, however, seems underwhelming even in comparison to I and II. I don't know what was with the 'background' style of music, having the same beats but make them sound like they're being played a mile away through bad speakers' thing they're trying to do, but I did not care at all for it.

The new Caspian was also underwhelming, but I don't know if there's really a lot left that you can hope for out of Post-Rock. The whole 'every song has to be a contained epic' direction is very, very played.

Archived