The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth, the playoff hero..?

do we even really have the kind of team it takes to go deep this time around? we cant just walk through any team in the league like we could last year remember in the playoffs we don't have the shootout to bail us out of being out played, hopefully we take the playoffs seriously because we haven't taken this season very seriously at all the twins look weaker on the board than they ever have the second line cant make a simple 2 foot pass if their lives depended on it, if we have a chance we better start cloning Bieksa, Hansen, Burrows, and Manny and even then we would get beat by skill, but our "skilled" team has been out worked in every game with the exception of the Boston game a Chicago and the most recent St. Louis games, if the season ended before any of today's games we would be up against San Jose and if we get by them we would likely face Chicago and if by some fluke we manage to beat them again we face likely one of the preds or blues. simply put unless we start gearing up for the playoffs and get some kind of leadership from the twins and some chemistry between Kesler and Booth we are in tough from game 1 against San Jose. I want to see us return to the SCF but without the hard work of Luo and Schieder we would be on the outside looking in!! that being said Go Canucks Go

I said it the other day that I cant wait to see booth in his first playoffs! I think he can be a beast in the playoffs! same with kassian! His play in his first 3 games as a nuck has beeen awesome! His hardwork paid off against buffalo and was happy to see him get a goal and assist against his old team!

I like the fact that Gillis has started working towards a more "playoff oriented" team with additions like Lapierre, Pahlsson, Booth, Gragnani etc. Kassian is probably going to be the kind of player that will thrive in playoff situations as well. The future looks bright indeed.

I dont really care who scores, who plays hero on any night. Last year, we had burrows in chicago, kesler in nashville, bieksa in san jose. Ultimately, I just want to hear these words again as they gave me the chills the first time I heard them:

"And the Vancouver Canucks are going to the Stanley Cup Finals"

again.

I like Booth because he does what we don't have much of: Drives to the net. However he has pretty much no passing ability. He and Kesler are both one-dimensional offensive players: Drive the net and shoot. The 2nd line needs a playmaker to complement them.

I like Booth because he does what we don't have much of: Drives to the net. However he has pretty much no passing ability. He and Kesler are both one-dimensional offensive players: Drive the net and shoot. The 2nd line needs a playmaker to complement them.

• 4 weeks later...

I sure hope so. I like his speed and strength, but for me, there are some legitimate concerns:

- He has zero NHL playoff experience. Although sometimes that can be a good thing.

- Has zero pts in last 8 games - as the team ramps up for the playoffs

- 9 of his 15 goals this yr have been against non-playoff teams. If SJS, PHX or LA don't make the playoffs, 10 or 11 of his goals would be against non playoff teams. Meaning he's only scored 4 or 5 goals against playoff bound teams. Yowsa.

- He only has 5 assists against playoff teams this yr. If SJS, PHX, or LA don't make the playoffs, he might only have 2-4 assists against playoff teams.

- He's struggled in big games this yr (DET, STL)

- I don't see his chemistry with Kesler. They only seem to click when Higgy is on their line.

Am I only one seriously concerned here?

I do not expect Booth to be in the line up for more than 3 rounds of the playoffs. I also don't expect him to be much of threat in those rounds. But it will be a learning experience. It will make him a better player (as long as his injuries arent career threatening.)

I sure hope so. I like his speed and strength, but for me, there are some legitimate concerns:

- He has zero NHL playoff experience. Although sometimes that can be a good thing.

- Has zero pts in last 8 games - as the team ramps up for the playoffs

- 9 of his 15 goals this yr have been against non-playoff teams. If SJS, PHX or LA don't make the playoffs, 10 or 11 of his goals would be against non playoff teams. Meaning he's only scored 4 or 5 goals against playoff bound teams. Yowsa.

- He only has 5 assists against playoff teams this yr. If SJS, PHX, or LA don't make the playoffs, he might only have 2-4 assists against playoff teams.

- He's struggled in big games this yr (DET, STL)

- I don't see his chemistry with Kesler. They only seem to click when Higgy is on their line.

Am I only one seriously concerned here?

With the playoffs being much more physical, I'm scared for David Booth. He's not exactly big enough to pull those power moves. Match ups are key in the playoff series, and he might wanna make sure, there aren't guys too big out there that's going to throw his weight around when he does that. It reminds me when Doughty tried against Vancouver, and Edler killed him.

If anyone is going to do those power moves, it's going to be someone big and powerful. Kassian, perhaps.

Archived