The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider For 2 First Rounders From Tampa...then Rfa Sheet For Weber? Xd

For Weber to be a Canuck next year it would take an offer of 9+ for 1 year that Nashville could not match, and Vancouver looses 4 1sts. Or Nashville accepts that Weber is leaving (like Kessel) and trade him for something of equal value, ie. what ever return we get for Schnider +, + and we could sign him long term at whatever he would take (6.5/ 10 years) to circumvent the compensation process. However I still think that Schnider will be a Canuck for 1 year at $2 million threw arbitration and Weber stays in Nashville for 6.5 / 1year.

I really don't think two 1st Round Picks or a 1st Rounder and a Prospect from Tampa is as ridiculous as some people think. You can't just judge things in a vacuum. You have to look at all of the factors involved. The Bolts are 11th in goals for and dead last in goals against. They (and a number of other teams) are in desperate need of a good starting goaltender, and of all of them likely to be available via trade/free agency, Schneider is the best option. Roloson's over the hill, Garon's a 1B in the best case scenario, and Tokarski's far from ready. If they had Schneider in net this season instead of Roloson/Garon they'd be atop the Southeast instead of trying to battle for the 8th seed. Why wouldn't they trade two draft picks that'll be 2-3 years from having an impact for the answer to their biggest problem? Why else would they be stockpiling picks in a weak draft?

And as for Weber, it isn't absolutely impossible like some people are making it seem. It's not likely to happen, but it still could. Is it really so hard to envision Gillis (who has signed an RFA to an offersheet in the past) signing Weber to one? It all depends on Weber and if he wants to stay in Nashville or not.

And it's not 100% certain that Nashville would match an offersheet. If Weber makes it clear he wants out, and Nashville matches, then they'll lose him for nothing in 2013. They'd have to decide if one more year of Weber is better for the franchise than 4 1st round picks.

Not saying that Weber wants out or even that Gillis has plans to offersheet him. Just pointing out that it is possible.

we have just as good of a chance at landing weber as anyone and we can afford him (you make room) but he isnt getting here by offer sheet......if suter walks on july 1st(which i think he has been planning since day 1) my bet is weber will be dealt in the summer...best thing for both sides

every team in the nhl will be throwing crazy deals at nsh but weber doesnt have a NTC so nsh can trade him anywhere they want...although teams can talk to weber about interest playing for their team so that way he has control on where he plays

det, nyr, phi, tor, and van i think will be the front runners in the "weber sweepstakes"

let me tell you now, the return for weber will nothing like you have seen before

Anaheim Ducks traded Chris Pronger and Ryan Dingle to the Philadelphia Flyers for Joffrey Lupul, Luca Sbisa, a 1st round selection in 2009, a 1st round selection in 2010 and a conditional round selection in 2010 or 2011.

Edmonton Oilers traded Chris Pronger to the Anaheim Ducks for Joffrey Lupul, Ladislav Smid, a 1st round selection in 2007, a conditional 1st round selection and a 2nd round selection in 2008.

remember all these deals are in the middle of the summer after july 1st

to det: weber

to nsh: filppula, kindl, smith, abdelkader, 1st pick 2013, 1st pick 2014

to nyr: weber

to nsh: dubinsky, mcdonagh, sauer, stepan, 1st pick 2013

to phi: weber

to nsh: schenn, van riemsdyk, read, meszaros, 1st pick 2013

to tor: weber

to nsh: macarthur, frattin, schenn, gunnarsson, 1st pick 2013

to van: weber

to nsh: edler, raymond, tanev, 1st pick 2013, +++++

i dont even know if this will get the job done, weber will be the biggest fish on the market in a very long time...

this summer is gonna be wild...to say the least

really?!!??!?? you guys are really that naive.....?

he doesnt want to play in nashville, if he wanted to play in nashville he would have re-signed long term last summer

whats he gonna say...."i am thinking about

leaving", he would have media up his butt for weeks......he was told to say that, learn to understand the politics of hockey...no offense but just never believe what you hear

Archived