The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt Nux 4-3 Basement Dwellers

Jaimito

wow op, use his Iconic name to lure viewers in, only to knock on him. This is a new low for cdc. Anyways, you should be thankful that he was in net and we got a win and didnt allow 4+ goals. That first goal was point blank, he did good to cover the net UNFORTUNATELY it squeaked through. The second one UNFORTUNATELY deflected of Kesler and changed direction. The third one was a great shot of the post and he was screened as well. I dont see any goalie save the third one. Seriously why do you have to pick sides. Trying to stir up stuff. This hate doesnt affect anyone else, it only makes you unpeaceful. You are not gonna change anyones opinion with your propaganda threads, no one cares. We are happy we won and the Sedins and the pp looked much better. When Luongo was on a hot streak no one made crapty threads like yours saying..oh Luongo did this or did that we collectively appreciated it. We all admitted that Luo was bailing us out. So grow up or at least put your hate aside for your team.

Not the greatest of wins but we'll take it. Seriously though dude, you are one to talk. You are a totally unobjective Schneider Troll. Both you and Tangerine should keep your opinions to yourselves from now on as it is clear that the play of either goalie will not sway what you think of them.

So what's the point of not letting Luongo play in Minnesota? assuming he does fine in the playoff and not get blown out regardless of winning the cup or not. Schneider will probably be traded. then wat? we play our backup in minnesota boston etc everytime for the rest of Luongo's career? We should just play each goalie from now til the last couple games alternately and give Luongo the last couple of games in a row. get them both ready and have enough rest regardless of the result.. it's looking more and more like we'll finish 2nd anyways. honestly i'm not too worried about goalies too much at this point as oppose to AV having a set defense pairing and the Sedin's find their game with consistency. Luongo and Schneider will be just fine when the game matters and our team starts playing like they could

im a huge lu fan and schneids fan. I will agree that luongo needs to be better than he has lately.... but no way in hell did schneider look any better than Lu has lately. The team defense definitely had a better game tonight and we were against a lesser opponent who played a pretty good game.

Schneids and Lou, love em both. But come on Lu haters be fair

What always worries me with schneids is his decision making when playing the puck he almost got checked by a BJ tonight then sent it up the muddle right past an open BJ- probably has different line of vision that what im seeing on tv.. But IMHO he wasnt as on fire as usual but i always trust him to get the W

I think he didn't look too confident tonight and gave up some bad rebounds but I was also watching him a little closer tonight because i knew this would be a hot topic after the game no matter what the result. To me he didn't look any better then Luongo has lately... the first goal was a softie and the other two are ones that could've been stopped but it's not the end of the world if they aren't. I just find it funny how if it was Luongo in net tonight and he made the same saves and let in the same goals these boards and fans everywhere would be calling for a goalie change, but since its the golden boy Schneider it's okay, as long as they got the win... Either way we have two awesome goalies who will get some starts down the stretch and into the playoffs and we just need to enjoy it and let them play while we still can!!

you're kidding right? when schneider plays well i give him props, he didn't play great tonight don't kid yourself. We didn't win tonight because of Schneider

I just don't get how the anti-lu trolls think that if Schneider becomes the starting goalie he will be amazing all the time, he plays 25 games a year if he's lucky how does this qualify him as a starter? you think if you throw him in for 60+ games he's not going to have bad stretches of games just like Luongo or any other goalie?

The Twins were solid and probably would've put up at least another point each if they were playing w/ Burr or anyone other than Raymond. A nightmare in our end, though. It doesn't help that they're playing w/ Bieksa and Edler, who are both great individually, but completely inept when playing with each other in our zone.

The Amex line was great all-around.

Pahlsson's line was pretty good, too. Sammy lost that one face-off clean which ended up in the back of our net, though.

4th line had lots of jump and good offensive zone time, which is nice to see. I would love to see more hits out of Kassian. I don't know what happened, but he was a human missile in the first few games he was here, but now he's not hitting much at all (1 hit tonight).

Game. Hits by Kassian

1. 5

2. 4

3. 7

4. 0

5. 0

6. 3

7. 2

8. 1

That's more in 1 game (against BUF) than the last 5 games combined. Definitely want to see that number get back up to ~3-5 hits per game.

Edler was awesome on the powerplay.

Hamhuis and Salo saved the day. If it weren't for those 2, another 1 or 2 in the back of our net would be my guess. Salo made the odd mistake, but it didn't cost us.

Rome and Tanev didn't look good together. Tanev needs to shoot more when he gets the puck. He tries too hard to find a perfect pass sometimes.

Schneider was okay. The first one was soft, but the other 2 were forgivable (unless it was Lu in net, then CDC would be all over him). Didn't really make any brilliant saves and the defense had to bail him out a few times, but he got the win and that's what matters.

LOL at Luongo fanboys taking a microscope looking for Schneider's flaws even after he posts a win. Kinda ironic because their catch phrase after a bad Luongo performance is "it's a team game" or "the defense was shaky." Tsk Tsk.

LOL at Luongo fanboys taking a microscope looking for Schneider's flaws even after he posts a win. Kinda ironic because their catch phrase after a bad Luongo performance is "it's a team game" or "the defense was shaky." Tsk Tsk.

Archived