The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond A Scratch

drukes1234

I think it's ridiculous that Burr is going back on the 1st line. AV has experimented like crazy for a few games now and none of thos experiments including giving Kassian even a game chance with the twins. Switching the D pairs nad putting arguably our worst overall forward on the 1st line makes more sense than giving a guy with speed, size and terrific play on the boards a chance with the twins? Brilliant AV, brilliant, you never cease to dissapoint me.

I'm not saying Burr and the Sedins won't work out again, but why not give Zack a chance??? The sedins are being beaten to a pulp and giving a huge body a chance with them is worth it, especially against a team that has in a death spiral like Minnesota and Columbus.

I like how some of you are like "Mason Raymond had a good game last game" like you actually think that, but the reason you think that is because Kevin Weekes said so.

Raymond's game Saturday night was no better than any of his previous games.

Finally!!! I only hope this is a permanent decision regarding Raymond. Everyone who thought he played well during Columbus game, give your head a shake, and what game were you watching? Raymond's a liability when he's on the ice.

AV said something like "we're having trouble finding players that he will be successful with" and after I heard that I was thinking... all those players are in the KHL/AHL, what now? :bigblush:

Ever since Raymond started playing for the Canucks everyone has been saying he needs to play the way that Booth plays now, and he's never done it, and never will, at least not in a Canucks uniform. This is the beginning of the end of his time here. Bai Bai Mayray.

He played better compared to the previous 20 debacles...

He still buzzed around and fell every shift.

Terrible wrist shots, no hands, no offensive awareness.

He had one good chance which he shanked his backhand way wide and looked closer than it was because it deflected off a skate.

He played with the FRICKEN SEDINS and they cashed in and he wasnt a part of it at all. Even Bitz can pot a few with the Sedins.

He had one good play defensively....and about 8-10 terrible plays offensively...

Mason Raymond will always been No hands, No grit, No brains Raymond....his balance is not NHL quality.

This team doesnt need Raymond one bit...and I for one dont redeem his awful last two seasons, because of a few flashes of decent play.

Good bye and good riddance.

P.S too many of you are brainwashed by praise from Weekes....He knows the scrutiny hes been under and wanted to throw him a bone.

Raymond is a puck possession type player. For him to be succesful he needs to singlehadedly beat the opposing teams defense. He plays in a way to protect himself, not drive the net hard. The year he scored a lot of goals, he singhandedly drove to the net, deked out 2 or three opposing players and then using his wrister would shelf it.

The only way he can do that again is if he plays without fear. On the Sedin line he was great for his mobility in the oppositions end, and getting pucks to the defense, or to Hank. He did his job well. But he's not going to play their grind cycle game down low at all.

So happy Schneider is starting tonight. We are going to lose Schneider in a few months, he gives us a better odd on chance of winning than Luongo this year. I hope he gets to play until he loses a game. Just so we fans can see how much potential he would have if he had the opportunity to play more.

If i recall correctly, Raymonds best year was Kesler's super assist year: 50. Kesler had his most assists that year, and Samuelsson scored 30 goals and Raymond got 25 goals. Co-incidence? Nope. The following year Kesler exploded in goals, and dropped off in assists and Raymond and Samuelsson couldnt bask in Kesler's radiance anymore..thus Samuelsson is now gone and Raymond is being scratched. Okay your up to date now.

collectively, I think most fans know the biggest upgrade we need is to upgrade Raymond among forwards. No one really 'doesn't fit in' at their position so much as Raymond right now. Too bad he never found his hands or strength. Also too bad he fell down so much last game, and every game. He is the offensive version of Brent Sopel.

The Sedins were in a super slump by their standards.

It was more a wake up call to the Sedins by having them play with Raymond and losing Burr.

Now the Sedins are shaking the funk and Burr is brought back.

When you are a 'top six' forward but after two full games cannot even register a point playing with the Sedins it does not take a psychic to tell you where this is all going.

Archived