The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond A Scratch

drukes1234

I have been a Raymond supporter and have been happy AV moved him around the lineup to see if he could generate some offense and utilize his defensive capabilities. But given that the Sedin line didn't defend anymore effectively with Raymond on the line I think it is wise to sit him down for a while. A game or two in the box and some added toughness against Minnesota and Chicago would make some sense.

I still hope he gets his game together again.

There is no way ray sedin line would be able to be productive in the playoffs. that line would get pushed around way too much. Its getting a bit to close to playoffs for AV to be experimenting. Raymond hasnt woke up all season, I don't see why he deserves a spot on the top 9. If anything he should be playing a limited role on the 4th.

I'm sorry Ray, you haven't proved yourself this season. Good riddance.

I think Salo being scratched is a very good thing. We need to rest him a lot before playoffs. We can't afford to lose him before playoffs.

Raymond scratched? Wow, that's kind of hard to believe haha. Yes, he had a great game against Columbus but to me, it is good he got scratched (he has been playing crappy before Columbus anyways). Since Manny is back in, I can see Burrows back on the 1st and Manny will be in the 3rd wing. I think Manny fits this role more than the 4th.

I'm a little iffy about the Edler and MAG pairing.. Edler hasn't been playing well defensively and MAG.. well when did he play defensively? No offense, MAG plays like he is a forward and at times, I think he forgets he is a D.

I would rather see an Edler/Tanev pairing than Edler/MAG pairing.

It's the mob mentality that I was referring to.

Eveyone is jumping in with useless criticisms about Raymond, even though the vast majority know nothing about the game. As I said eralier, one person says something stupid and a dozen or so others decide it's funny and do likewise.

I guarantee that's exactly how a lot of the rioters got involved....

I think this is just the coaching staff managing ice time, at least in Salo's case. They still want to give MAG more time to get familiar with the team and SS, as the oldest member of the D-Corps, is the likely candidate for a day off.

Hughson said on 1040 this morning that based on his solid d play coach has given Raymond a chance on every line to get his offence going with no result so thus the healthy scratch

Raymond's situation is less obvious. Are they giving up on him, or are they just trying to rotate all of the bottom six through the lineup? My guess would be the latter, but time will tell.

This just tells me Raymond is definitely gone this offseason.

Lines so far look like this:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Malholtra-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weiss-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Gragnani

Rome-Tanev

What i'm happiest about it that AV has finally listened to my ideas about the powerplay haha I have been saying for months our top PP should be

Danny-Hank-Burrs

Edler/Bieksa-Kesler

Keslers hard and accurate shot makes him perfect for slappers from the point and Burrs a good net presence and his chemistry with the sedins is excellent. And our top scoring d-men (eddie-juice) can alternate between the first and second unit.

And on the second unit:

Booth-Higgins-Kassian

Rome-Salo

Gives Kassian some more offensive opportunities that he will need the experience from come playoff time. Maybe even throw Tanev out there a bit to encourage him with some offensive chances. Guy of his build and mindset needs to be developed more into an offensive threat rather than just a defensive defencemen.

message sent from AV to MayRay:

you have to play as poorly as possible to give the other teams a chance

proof:

MayRay plays poorly, gives up the puck, falls down lots, and doesn't remember where the net is; he goes to the 1st line

MayRay has a decent game, he's out of the line up

and yes, Salo is just a maintenance day off. they did that eariler this year too..

message sent from AV to MayRay:

you have to play as poorly as possible to give the other teams a chance

proof:

MayRay plays poorly, gives up the puck, falls down lots, and doesn't remember where the net is; he goes to the 1st line

MayRay has a decent game, he's out of the line up

and yes, Salo is just a maintenance day off. they did that eariler this year too..

Raymond is definitely not a top 6 forward. But he is a better player, offensively and defensively, than Malhotra in the bottom 6. The eye injury has affected Malhotra's play and winning a face off in the defensive zone has become his only game, other than that he has become a defensive liability. If it's not Raymond in the bottom 6, the Canucks should give Bitz a try to add the much needed team toughness instead of Malhotra.

Are you ghouls not having withdrawal symptoms yet?

What will you do without your fix of Raymond hate everyday.............yeh I think I see a long line forming at the chemist/drugstore as I type this.

Lookout Manny, their main food supply has been taken away.

As for me I'm happy with whatever AV thinks best. In the meantime some of the morons on here will actually think they influenced the decision :picard:

Raymond is definitely not a top 6 forward. But he is a better player, offensively and defensively, than Malhotra in the bottom 6. The eye injury has affected Malhotra's play and winning a face off in the defensive zone has become his only game, other than that he has become a defensive liability. If it's not Raymond in the bottom 6, the Canucks should give Bitz a try to add the much needed team toughness instead of Malhotra.

Archived