The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Not Chris Higgins With The Sedins?

*Buzzsaw*

All the discussion about who should be playing with the Sedins... why does no one suggest Chris Higgins?

He can score, he's an excellent passer, and he has far more physical presence than Burrows. (205lbs versus 188lbs for Burrows, and much more of a hitter)

He is much more likely to be able to survive along the boards and help the Sedins game than Raymond, and he is a much better shooter and passer than Kassian currently is.

So why hasn't AV tried this out?

Seems like a very good option is not being explored.

Burrows could move into the 2nd line, he is a great partner with Kesler, the Penalty kill has proved that, the second line would be just as good.

The way you shoot doesnt determine your natural wing.

For example: I think to move a left handed player who prefers right wing, to the left wing is bad. There is a reason why that particular player likes the opposite wing.

Here is a list of players whos natural wing is the opposite wing from what they shoot.

Alex Ovechkin

Patrick Kane

Patrick Sharp

Joffrey Lupul (Said he NEVER wants to play RW in his career again)

Rick Nash

Ilya Kovalchuk

Jakub Voracek

Jaromir Jagr

Marian Gaborik

and the list goes on.

I`m sure AV might give Higgy-C a chance with the Sedins at some point but for now the AMEX line is working too well to mess with. I dont mind the idea of the Burrows-Kesler-Booth being a line together though. Could be a powerplay line experiment down the road

I'm actually quite stoked to see Burrows back with the twins. Now that the Sedin's seem to have awoken from their slumber and Bur has that hunger again, I expect good things from that line.

The second line is going well and will most likely get even better. When both lines start firing on all cylinders its going to be something to see!

All the discussion about who should be playing with the Sedins... why does no one suggest Chris Higgins?

He can score, he's an excellent passer, and he has far more physical presence than Burrows.   (205lbs versus 188lbs for Burrows, and much more of a hitter)

He is much more likely to be able to survive along the boards and help the Sedins game than Raymond, and he is a much better shooter and passer than Kassian currently is.

So why hasn't AV tried this out?

Seems like a very good option is not being explored.

Burrows could move into the 2nd line, he is a great partner with Kesler, the Penalty kill has proved that, the second line would be just as good.

the AMEX line is working like a 1st line. Lets not split them up. Raymond is a scratch so i expect to see Burrows with the Sedins again, and it was just a matter of time before they got out of their slump and i think from now until June (if the boys still playing at that time) Sedins, the AMEX line will be on fire.

At the end of the day depth wins championships. We can have the best 1st line ever, but without good depth we wont have a long run, and this year we have much better depth than last year.

Archived