The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earthquake Warning North America 26Th March 2012 (Respected Geologist

It took me three minutes to find articles from the mid 90's online saying the EXACT same thing. My science teacher in grad 10, also had a bunch of newspapers from the 80's that said one would happen that decade.

I am willing to bet you are the type of people who fear(ed) about the swine flu, SARS, terrorist attacked, and tunes into to the news everyday to see what can kill you next.

Really not that hard to google the counter argument as well. Simple fact #1, there has never been ONE documented "big" earthquake in this area.

It took me three minutes to find articles from the mid 90's online saying the EXACT same thing. My science teacher in grad 10, also had a bunch of newspapers from the 80's that said one would happen that decade.

I am willing to bet you are the type of people who fear(ed) about the swine flu, SARS, terrorist attacked, and tunes into to the news everyday to see what can kill you next.

Really not that hard to google the counter argument as well. Simple fact #1, there has never been ONE documented "big" earthquake in this area.

Look man, you are the one who is misinformed. The program I provided the link to starts off with experts from the USGS and other similar authorities saying that they had told the Japanese authorities that the Japan earthquake could not happen, but then it did. They then go on to say that they essentially knew nothing, were completely wrong, and had to start from scratch. So, everything that they had previously written no longer applies.They then went and took mud core samples from all over the Pacific Rim, including were the boxing day tsunami occurred, chille, Japan and the west coast of North America. They were then able to see all of the large, mega quake tsunamis that had occurred over the past several thousand years, and they found a pattern. Approximately every 300 years there is a set of mega quakes, either 4 or 5, all in the range of 9.0 except the last one which can be 3x bigger than the rest. We are now in the most current set of quakes with 1 or 2 more to go. The mud core data does not lie and is highly reliable. Everything that was previously published on the subject was published without this data and is now considered to be inaccurate. Watch the program and see the data for yourselves.

Ive got my emergency pack all ready to go. First aid, food, water and a few tools just in case. Just hope I am at home when it hits. Also thinking that because I live in Nanaimo(east coast of Vancouver Island) we will be somewhat sheltered from a catastrophic tsunami. Georgia Straight is not like open ocean waters that can collect and build up huge tsunamis.......at least I am really hoping not. :(

But what you posted is irrelevant to the OP correct? Since the OP's vid was posted a year ago (saying it will happen sometime next week,making it clearly unreliable) and the one you posted just stated that it'll happen sometime soon but no exact date right

That's like saying if you were in a building that got bombed, and the building collapsed on you, that it wasn't the bomb that caused your death... The earthquake caused the tsunami, which caused most of the damage. No tsunami without the quake. The quake is the root cause.

There has been no major earthquake in this area in the last 200 years. That is the point around, when people started settling in the area.

I love the people who argue that it will happen. You are ignoring scientific opinion from the other side of the table. It is not a fact, that it will happen, just opinion.

It COULD happen, yes, but my point is: take BOTH opinions into consideration before coming up with your opinion. Too many people hear things, and perceive them as facts with out doing a pro and con research.

Archived