The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Put Your Hands Together

Gerg

Someone tell DJ Dave to stop with that crap, this isn't Junior hockey where you're telling an 8 year old to clap with gimmicks and sounds. It's not as bad as Day-O or "put your hands in the air", but it's still painful to hear so often during a game. There has to be a better way of getting the fans into the experience than a goofy amateur sound byte.

Someone tell DJ Dave to stop with that crap, this isn't Junior hockey where you're telling an 8 year old to clap with gimmicks and sounds. It's not as bad as Day-O or "put your hands in the air", but it's still painful to hear so often during a game. There has to be a better way of getting the fans into the experience than a goofy amateur sound byte.

I understand music is completely subjective - but does the stuff that our DJ tends to play on a regular basis appeal to anyone besides younger teenagers (12-15)?

It sounds more like a club than a hockey game on most nights :(

Just my opinion, but that kind of music doesn't get me pumped for the game.

I'm really not a fan of the music selection at Canucks games, watching the Colorado and Dallas games I could hear the sort of stuff that would make sense at a hockey game. It was the sort of stuff you would hear on the fox, with some classic stuff mixed in. Playing top 40 hits that appeal to 11-16 year old girls really isn't what hockey is about, and Rhianna definitely is not the kind of music that should be playing at Rogers Arena.

Archived