The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Should Use Both Goalies In The Playoffs

Patrick Jane

Ya I could see them putting in Schneider for a game 4 if say the canucks were up 3-0 to give Lu a break. But like "Timberwolf" said, if Lu is stealing the games then you have to ride him. But if we're winning 3-2 or something like that then throw Scheids in for game 4, or maybe 5 if the Canukcs are up 3-1. There aren't many teams that have the luxury of having a goalie who can give the starter a mental and physical break in the playoffs.

What about Lui plays 3, Shneids plays 1?

I think that is a good pattern to keep because Lui would stay fresh and would still get to play.

On lop of that, Schneids can score some more hatties! :emot-parrot:

If that doesn't work, we can trade the entire team. Seriously, I've seen trade threads for pretty much everone but Salo and Kassian.

:towel:

Lu will be on a very short leash. Unlike before if Lu has a bad game, i don't think the coaching staff would "give" him another game to bounce back. At the first sight of his struggle, Schneids will come in and vice versa.

I don't like this short leash thing. When does Lu ever really play good when he has that "you better not frack up" eye watching over him? Not often. I giving Lu 2 games, then CS 1 game, assuming Lu isn't dreadful or super hot.

just use schnieds..its bound to happen anways. lou will have his typical playoff meltdown and will have to be replaced by cory. if av fails to do this then we wont win the cup.. maybe lou proves me wrong but ive lost faith in him,, not the canucks or cory tho

Luongo starts it off, and if he poops the bed in a single game (him and not the team), put Schneids in. Forget about a players confidence, "he's our man" deal; it's not about the individual, it's about winning the cup. Both are capable and have proven so.

Archived