The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012 Playoffs, Who Will Lead The Canucks In Goals?

Vancanwincup

Going into the playoffs the Canucks have alot going for them a 7 game win streak, where they have scored 20 goals for and only given up 11.

Among the scorers Chris Higgins has been the best over this 7 game win streak. If Higgins keeps this hot hand, do you believe he could be the top scorer for Van in the playoffs? Also hot going into the playoffs is Maxim Lapierre could he lead the Canucks? Will someone step- up ? or will the canucks get even scoring throughout the line- up with a few players with the same amount of goals!

Daniel, Burrows, Higgins and Booth will be our go to guys. Kesler will score his fair share, but its the things he does on the other side of the ice that I love, his backchecking, and shot blocking are huge for this team. Also look for a guy like Hansen to step up in the playoffs like he did last year. I'm excited to see Sami Pahlssons contributions as well, playoffs is when this guy is great at his shutdown role.

If we make it to the SCF, i feel like we will have lots of people hitting 4-5 goals, with maybe only one or two getting close to 8 or 9. I think we will have a very balanced attack and that will be our greatest strength, the fact that all lines are defensively responsible and all lines can score. I feel that 2 defense men will break 4 goals if we make it that far.

Burrows - H.Sedin - Lapierre have been showing some great chemistry playing together, so I'd keep them together. It may be a good thing splitting the Sedins up, as normally other teams use their bigger/stronger players against the twins and now you have Lapierre out there who's pretty tough with Henrik and Burrows.

Then you can put D.Sedin with Kesler and Booth and that should be a nice line offensively with Booth/Kesler taking pucks to the net and Daniel also being a great passer and he opens the ice up for Kesler/Booth.

The 3rd line will have contributions from Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen, they've been showing their offense abilities and have actually surprised me with their production on the offensive end of the ice.

For leading goals, I'd have to say Daniel, Kesler, Burrows, and Booth.

I'm guessing even scoring throughout the lineup. One of the big differences between this year and last year, is that the Canucks seem to have scoring coming from all sources, more than last year. Every night there's a different hero, and that's what you need in the playoffs.

Having said that, you still need your best players to be your best players and I think the biggest candidate for MVP this year in the playoffs will be Kesler. I know he's struggled a bit offensively but Kesler seems to have that ability to step up his game when it counts. Last year in Game 7, even with his severe injuries, he had the most hustle out of anyone on our team. He will be extremely motivated and do anything to win.

Hig, Hansen, and Pahlsson. That line looks so deadly on the ice. The amount of chances they get with so little ice time, and with #1 and #2 being shut down by top D-pairings, I really think that line will come alive and be a force.

I truly hope the Sedins can produce this post-season, cause they were almost completely shut down in last years playoffs. I have a feeling Kesler and Booth will start to click and be a deadly combination. We just need all our lines to keep playing well like they have been of late! And feel secure with 2 dynamite goaltenders.

Archived